The power of a name and its value has long been immortalized in prose, poetry, and religious ceremony. Everyone everywhere recognizes himself or herself or themselves by name.
If the way you do anything is how you do everything then the question to ask is – does a name influence a character? Does a brand name influence a company? Or is it vice versa?
What’s In a Name?
A ‘personal brand’ is in many ways synonymous with your reputation:
- It refers to the way other people see you.
- Are you a genius? An expert? Are you trustworthy?
- What do you represent? What do you stand for?
- What ideas and notions pop up as soon as someone hears your name?
If you’ve been around for a while, you’ve probably already developed a personal brand:
- People recognize your name and what you’re working on.
- People immediately perceive “what you’re about” as soon as they hear your name or brand.
- Your friends, colleagues and even work mates form an instant inbuilt mental profile as soon as your name is heard or spoken.
For businesses it will focus on what the type and quality of service that is on offer:
- Customers will gladly talk about your quality of service even without being asked to
- Clients instantly associate your company name with all their highs
- Competition respects your name and even aspires to live up to your standards.
Being Larger than a Name
Look at your personal brand as an investment. Look at your business name as a platform for greatness. Your personal brand has the potential to last longer than your own lifespan and the same applies for the company that you work for. Believing in yourself is all about attitude. It’s all about thinking beyond what you see every day. It’s basically about your potential to be an explosion in everything you do.
This means that you have to challenge yourself to be better than the rest:
- Because your personal brand is built from the thoughts and words and reactions of other people, it’s more or less shaped by how you present your character and abilities publicly.
- This is something that you have control over.
- You can decide how you would like people to see you.
Devoting Yourself to an Ideal
Never underestimate yourself no matter the circumstance you’re faced with. How would you like potential customers and clients or even your colleagues to think of you?:
- Do you even care?
- Does it really matter?
It does matter if you devote yourself to an ideal. What do you want your name to stand for? What legacy are you prepared to create and leave behind?
- What You’re About? Think about the key ideas you would want people to associate with you.
- Enid Blyton was about writing remarkable children’s stories.
- Mother Teresa was a humble humanitarian.
- David Beckham is all soccer.
How can you publicly ‘be’ that brand in all that you do? This question is an important one and a tricky one as well. YET the answer you give or how you actually brand yourself makes all the worthwhile difference.
Your personal brand is composed of your public actions and output in three main areas:
- your standard,
- your expertise
- and your commitment.
Spend more time accomplishing then procrastinating. The keys to success in overcoming procrastination are to determine the reasons you lack motivation in the first place, to create a plan for success and follow the plan to the letter.
A Living Tradition of Values and Beliefs
A businessman once said, 'A business succeeds not because it is long established or because it is big, but becausethere are men and women in it who live it, sleep it, dream it, and build great future plans for it."
- Good personnel will work for a competent manager.
- Go to every length to find, hire, and train good employees
- treat them like your family.
This is the crux of the whole operation.
The best way to bring success to you is to genuinely desire to create value for the rest of the world.By focusing your mind on a positive goal instead of an ambiguous fear, you put your brain to work. It instantly begins devising a plan for success. Instead of worrying about the future you start to do something about it
When know what you want, you become motivated to take action and you will begin without hesitation, with the here and NOW!
Everything Is Within YOU
It’s inevitable that you’ll encounter periods of low energy, bad luck, and even the occasional failure.
BUT SO WHAT? You must always channel your mentality to accept failures as a platform upon which you create and build the new and true ideal that will not only be your brand name but also something that you will work on to make your abilities bigger than that brand name.
If you don’t discipline your mind, these minor speed bumps can turn into mental monsters. Always be on guard against motivation killers.
Everything that you need is really within you because at the end of the day “the ball is in your court”.
Value your motives and simply propel yourself to success.