WHEN ONE MENTIONS NADROGA, TWO THINGS STRING TO MIND, TOURIST AND OUR WORLD FAMOUS SALAD BOWL IN THE SIGATOKA VALLEY......BUT RUGBY BEST DESCRIBES OUR PROVINCE.
TRADITIONALLY, IT HAS BEEN A MAJOR FORCE & POWERHOUSE IN THE OVAL-BALL COMPETITION.
COUNTLESS SONS OF THIS PROVINCE HAVE DONE US PROUD ON THE DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL ARENA....IT HAS PRODUCED HOUSEHOLD NAMES THAT SCHOOL KIDS FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUND IMITATE & LOOK UP TO AS ROLE MODELS.
THE NZ ALL BLACKS FOUND ITSELF AN UNKNOWN BUT VERY FORMIDABLE OPPONENT SOME TIME BACK.....ONLY TO BE FAVOURED BY THE REF.

THAT IS HISTORY NOW.....AND I PROUDLY SAY ITS OUR PROVINCES SPORTING HISTORY...I BET NO OTHER PROVINCIAL RUGBY TEAM HAS EQUALLED THIS FEAT & MANY OTHER ACHIEVEMENT.
YOU BREATH RUGBY IN THIS PROVINCE...NO MATTER WHAT ETHNIC BACKGROUND OR PROVINCE YOU COME FROM, YOUNG OR OLD & EVEN OUR BETTER HALVES ARE INTO IT.

RUGBY IS TO NADROGA..WHAT FOOTBALL IS TO PELE....THIS IS NADROGA, HOME OF THE MIGHTY STALLIONS.....WHICH OUR CREATOR BLESSED LONG....LONG AGO.

TAKI..TAKI RE....NA CA NA LEMU NUMIA? 

Views: 274

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely Rt. Wame. Rugby to the province of Nadroga is like a religion. Currently they are in top form at the moment and it will take a mamoth task for any team to topple them. As you have mentioned countless individuals from other provinces around Fiji have played for the Stallions in previous years and not only they have pride in wearing the Stallions jersey, the Nadroga province has always counted them as one of their own sons.. Former locks Ilisoni Taoba, Mes Rasari and the Human Skewer's name comes to mind not forgetting the current Stallions Skipper Jikoibau Matawalu...
On this note, I wish the Stallions and the people of Nakuruvakarua the very best this saturday at Lawaqa....

RSS

Discussion Forum

NADRO RUGBY 1 Reply

Started by DOUBLE YOU GEE. Last reply by Iceman Sep 30, 2010.

QI NA MASE GA HO!!!!! 1 Reply

Started by L3wajie. Last reply by DOUBLE YOU GEE Aug 24, 2010.

© 2020   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service