THE FALL ... WAS IT EVE’S OR WAS IT ADAM’S FAULT? WAS IT SATAN’S FAULT?

Genesis 3:6-7

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Some say it was Eve because she took the fruit and ate it.

Some say it was Adam because he did not stop her.

Some say it was Satan because he tempted Eve.

Who do you think was to blame? Why?

Views: 1474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

vinaka ... .@sakeasi

Curiosity is something that can be asset to us, but unfortunately most of the time it becomes the reason for many of our "undoings".

Curiosity is actively exploring your environment, asking questions, investigating possibilities, and possessing a sense of both wonder and doubt. Curiosity helps you clarify problems, ideas, and situations, and it encourages you to explore how they could be different. Actively exploring the environment, asking questions, investigating possibilities, and possessing a sense of wonder are all part of being curious. Questions are key. Once you open up to the nuances of life, it's easy to find things that fascinate you and to begin wondering "why?" and "how?"

What stops us from being curious when "the desire to understand" is clearly an inborn attribute of being human?
The answer to this question is somewhat different for everyone, but there are some common curiosity barriers that many people come up against. These barriers include fear of the unknown, entrenched beliefs, insecurity, apathy, and avoidance. The magic with curiosity is that once you start to break through the barriers, you can quickly return to a state of child-like wonder and questioning.

I think this is where your view about Adam and Eve is centered.
Although we tend to think of barriers as "bad," they provide us with important information about who we are and how we function under various challenging conditions. As the proverb goes, "Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors." Every time we confront a barrier and find a way to remove it or go around it, we improve our problem-solving skills and the underlying curiosity muscles.

My view with regards to the events at the garden, .…. it was not about Eve’s curiosity. She was not the one who was asking the questions! The serpent, in his “vesumona” style, as you correctly put it, (that was his trade!), not only explained, but also was asking the questions in such a way that it was very logical and made sense to Eve.
The main thing here, I believe, is about disobedience. The Bible says… Gen 3:6…“When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.”
Eve put aside all that God had said (she was just explaining to the serpent a few seconds ago!!), and made a choice to go ahead anyway and eat of the fruit. THAT WAS DISOBEDIENCE. O vu ni turaga, sa mai galu tu ga ka taura na vuanikau – moce Viti!

That is something that we ought to take a lesson from – in this day and age with all the many new things around us, new technologies and fun things we get so embroiled in, we ought to be always aware of who we are in Christ and not get distracted and misled by all that the world offers. WE ARE OVERCOMERS! The Bible says in 1 John 4:4 …. “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”

God Bless.

vinaka but why did he pick eve and not adam to influece was it because  eve had such a major influence in adam thats why or was becuase if satan could infuence eve  he could also influence adam

Vinaka ... .@sakeasi ,

I think Satan preferred to speak to Eve rather than Adam because he knew that the WORD OF GOD was given to Adam. Eve was the obvious choice because she was not the "annointed" one that had the responsibility of looking after the garden. Eve knew of the commands "second-hand". (via Adam). It would have been easier to persuade Eve because she was not even confident about the commands - she tried to explain what God had said, but then "added to it what she thought" God said - hence, she was easily mislead by the crafitiness of the serpent. She KNEW what God wanted of them, but she made the decision herself to gratify the lust and desires the ensued from her "talanoa" with the serpent (did not even think to enquire of her husband) - thus the DISOBEDIENCE to God's commands.

This is something, I would think, that our "Eves of today" would take their cue from, and NOT REPEAT the mistake that was made at the garden, ie,  1. be careful who you "talanoa" with especially if you already belong (married) to someone.... 2. When in doubt, get a second opinion from your husband before making important decisions....  

On the other hand, if the serpent had spoken to Adam first, he would have been told exactly what God said and there could never have been any doubt at all about what was said. Adam would have been very confident of what God said to him and it would have been a little difficult for the serpent to convince him otherwise. Eve had no worries at all - she had Adam with her who she depended upon to look after her.

I believe that, yes, the serpent thought it was easier to get Eve on his side first, then use her to influence her husband to eat of the fruit.

Noqu nanuma ga, bro.

Take care and God Bless.

@ jerex & sakeasi,

Bros, this is getting very interesting really. Im astounded at the level of discussion on this particular subject, to which Im very thankful. I just wanna remind us all to base our arguments from the bible and not from any other text!!!!

Thank you very much Bros for the thought provoking Q & A. Oh not forgeting the Ladies who are partaking in this forum!!!

God bless us all!!!!

vinaka bro.and i think wat happened in the garden when eve was able to influence adam is wat is still happening now days .talk about history repeating itself

we dont have to blame eve and adam for our sins....if u r a guy and if u r adam at that time, u will do the exact thing that adam did...or if u r a beautiful young lady, u will do the exact thing that eve did....we just have to blame our ownselves for our own sin...jesus is here knoking on ur door.......

thank you.. .@vulisto 

Yes, we cannot blame Eve or Adam for our sins..!

But... I believe with hindsight, if Adam had the chance to rewind the clock and return to Eden before the fall, he would've definitely rebuked the serpent and sent him on his way and would have also lectured his wife with regards to doubting the commands given to them by God.

Jesus is always knocking on the door (of our hearts) and is always waiting for us to let Him in. At the same time, there are life's lessons to be learnt from what transpired at the garden of Eden...... I would think.

Drau bula vinaka na veiwekani, @ vulisto & Jerex

im so grateful for the opportunity to be part of this forum, yeah you both rite, no point pondering on the past, we just have to learn from it and move on, yeah JESUS has been knocking on our doors 2000 thousand years ago until now, I guess its time for us all to open that door in our hearts and let him in!!!! After all what the Lord mentioned in Mathew 24 & mark 13 is happening right now!!!!

A blessed weekend ahead

God bless both your families.

Cama.

Bula vinaka tale mai Cama ....

I believe we can all pick up a few good things in discussions like this (and others in Matavuvale) where our individual spiritual lives and relationships within the family and most importantly with God are brought to the fore and occassionally challenged. Wife and husband relationship is always challenged each and every day, either directly or indirectly and, I believe that if both (wife and husband) understand and respect the roles God created them for, it can be "heaven on earth" for them or basically "back to Eden" (before the fall) for them. 

Something we could all learn from ....

We go through this life being taught in Church that ‘it’s the Devil who did this’, ‘it’s the Devil who did that’. We are made to think that the Devil is the antagonist and that he is responsible for our miseries and our pitfalls. The Devil will be judged by God for his own sins, not for the sins he tempted you to commit – those sins are on your own hands.

We need not keep pointing fingers - even on the Devil
Do you realize that Jesus never blamed Satan?
Yes, Satan is responsible for tempting us. Yes, he is the enemy of God. Yes he is the father of lies, he is evil – but he is only responsible up to that extent, which is tempting us. In the end, the decision falls on us if we decide to turn away from God by falling into temptation and indulging in sin.

In the end, we cannot blame Satan for the sins we’ve committed. We will face the consequences of everything we’ve done – everything decision we make, every move we do, every thought we percieve. Satan won’t take the blame because in the end IT FALLS ON US TO DECIDE.

When Eve blamed the serpent, she still faced the consequences.
Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, in the end, they were judged for their own sins. Whenever push comes to shove and life shakes you, don’t think that “It’s because the Devil is on to me”. That puts the blame on Satan and centers the focus on yourself. Look to God – why did God allow this? What does He want me to realize? Those are the right questions. God will not allow something to happen without the purpose of His glory in mind.

Always remember Jesus. And always keep in mind that ‘it’s all about God’ and know the real meaning of that phrase.
Don’t blame it on the Devil because he won’t take the blame for you.

In the end, you’re alone to face the music. So face it with a repentant heart and a humble spirit. God will honor you for it.

God Bless

Like all created beings that were created by God, they were given the freedom of choice...

When Adam and Eve made that wrong choice, God didnt give up on mankind, instead He gave them hope that oneday mankind will reunite with Him in paradise...God gave His first Prophecy and Gospel message at the Garden of Eden;

Genesis 3:14-15 14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

remember, God didn't want man to suffer on the face of earth...so even though mankind were cursed, we will be happy with whatever God will bless us with...Women are cursed to bring forth children; children brings happiness into a family...Man are cursed to sweat(work), only through honest and hard work can a man be happy with what he reaps... 

vinaka

RSS

FORUM

SA LALA DINA NA KORO QO - DID FACEBOOK KILLED MATAVUVALE? 7 Replies

Started by NiteDrox in News Discussions. Last reply by NiteDrox Jul 2.

Veidigidigi e Viti e na yabaki 2018. 31 Replies

Started by viliame nabobo in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Feb 12.

Decision Making-Why Is It So Hard To Decide? 8 Replies

Started by anamaria in World Issues. Last reply by Islandgal Aug 27, 2018.

Who Is This Beast Mentioned In Revelation 13:18? - 666! 252 Replies

Started by UDDY in Spirit and Self. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jul 2, 2018.

Jesus Did Not Rise From The Dead On Sunday 150 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in News Discussions. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

World War III 2 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

Will Iran Succeed in Syria?

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues May 14, 2018.

How Can Fiji Sevens Team Improve its performance against the two Giant South Africa and Enland. 16 Replies

Started by Tomasi Vakameau in Sports. Last reply by Tomasi Vakameau Apr 30, 2018.

© 2019   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service