THE FALL ... WAS IT EVE’S OR WAS IT ADAM’S FAULT? WAS IT SATAN’S FAULT?

Genesis 3:6-7

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Some say it was Eve because she took the fruit and ate it.

Some say it was Adam because he did not stop her.

Some say it was Satan because he tempted Eve.

Who do you think was to blame? Why?

Views: 1473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good. all three were punished. God punished both man and woman because they both sinned. so who was at fault? both. you are right. we ought not try to determine whose fault it was; God knew; and He punished both.

what i try to think about and analyse is, if adam had cautioned his wife and he did not eat the fruit with her, how the Lord would or may have dealt with the matter. could adam be like the second Adam had been (redeeming the man unto God?) redeeming the woman back into relationship with God? could his act have saved her from the curses she got, and also the curse of death? i cant really suggest anything about this because i am too foolish to even think for God. 

sis, i agree with you. perhaps it is time that we change our unbelievable focuses and turn to topics that could be very exhorting
Ooooo!!! That's an interesting observation,so where does Bainimarama and his boys if you look at it they way you do.....things happening for a reason?

Satan commenced his work with Eve, to cause her to disobey. She first erred in wandering from her husband, next in lingering around the forbidden tree, and next in listening to the voice of the tempter, and even daring to doubt what God had said, "In the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." She thought that perhaps the Lord did not mean just what He said, and venturing, she put forth her hand, took of the fruit and ate. It was pleasing to the eye and pleasant to the taste. Then she was jealous that God had withheld from them what was really for their good, and she [148] offered the fruit to her husband, thereby tempting him. She related to Adam all that the serpent had said and expressed her astonishment that he had the power of speech. {EW 147.2}

Meli Vula...........wilika nai vakamacala nei meli BTW  ko volai toka qo e vakaivolatabu!!!!

Kauta maivei nai vakamacala ko cakava tu ya??????????? ............lols

Levu la na dai Meli!!

Bula everyone!

Romans 5:12 "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man(Adam! not Eve or Satan), and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned."

*The blame goes to Adam. Why? Because he was given the commandment by God 'not eat of the fruit' but he disobeyed!

Genesis 2:15-17 "The Lord took the man(Adam) and put him(Adam) to work it an take care of it. An the Lord COMMANDED the man(Adam), 'you are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it, you will surely die'.

God Bless.

BTW

Who was the first to eat the fruit?

Bula Bro. Joe,

Thank you for your question

IT'S NOT THE ONE WHO ATE THE FRUIT FIRST, IT'S THE ONE THAT WAS GIVEN THE COMMANDMENT. Remember  their eyes was not open till Adam ate the fruit because Adam was given the commandment. When God came searching for them He called out for Adam not Eve. Because Adam was given the commandment and the responsibility not Eve. Example, I've got 4 kids, i told my eldest son  to keep the house clean while i'm at work. If i come home and i see the house is a mess guess who will I call out first get angry with? Yes with my eldest son because he was given the commandment and the responsibility!.....Roman 5:12 clearly stated(black and white) that sin entered the world through ONE MAN(Adam) not one woman, not men, not the serpent. Vinaka

God Bless

BTW

Vinaka vakalevu brother, God bless.

Vinaka IJ ....

Dua la na ka .... ena gauna a kania kina o Ivi na vuanikau, e kaya nai Vola Tabu ni a tiko saraga e yasana o Atama. (Gen 3:6) .... When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

De sa rui levu beka nona dodomo o Tamadrau o Keni kei Epeli, qai 'quise' taka na ka e cakava o Na? Nona leqa o Na se o Ta? ......

Some very interesting comments and opinions - all because of a few simple questions that many Christians take for granted and don't even check for themselves whether what they heard someone preached was correct or what they read made sense. Some have questioned, whats the point?

Let's not jump to conclusions to think that there might be a personal agenda or some kind of propaganda at work here. Just share what you think, not that it will determine your eternity, but, maybe it would raise awareness amongst us that we ought not to believe everything anyone says about the Bible or God, but find out for ourselves what the truth really is! We can already see from the comments here that although we call ourselves Christians generally, do we not really understand what we share when we quote from the Word of God?

Sometimes we just "go with the flow" regarding Christian doctrines since most of us were brought up in Christian families and we assume what we hear and what we see are the norms. Later on when we begin thinking for ourselves, we sometimes find that what we thought (or assumed) was right before now seem not to be so. That applies in all areas of our lives, not only Spiritual matters.

The questions raised was intended to provoke that grey matter! Discuss what you think or believe. Maybe you could quote some verses from the Bible you believe supports your view. Many of us here are Christians (I would presume), but then generally we learn to recite Bible verses, yet sometimes disregard practicing what it says ..... aaah yes, interpretation! What is your interpretation? 

My take here as I said before is that, Adam was to blame because, as @ meli BTW, he was given the responsibility to look after what was created.

Because Satan and Eve did not get direct commands from God, they mis-quoted what God said. Just go back and check the discussion between Satan and Eve, and compare what they said to what God told Adam. When God came to the garden that day, he called him who he gave his Word to. God respects HIS WORD, not what we think he said!

Do you think it was not fair on Adam? What does the Bible say about the authority we have in God?

Please share with us.

RSS

FORUM

SA LALA DINA NA KORO QO - DID FACEBOOK KILLED MATAVUVALE? 7 Replies

Started by NiteDrox in News Discussions. Last reply by NiteDrox Jul 2.

Veidigidigi e Viti e na yabaki 2018. 31 Replies

Started by viliame nabobo in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Feb 12.

Decision Making-Why Is It So Hard To Decide? 8 Replies

Started by anamaria in World Issues. Last reply by Islandgal Aug 27, 2018.

Who Is This Beast Mentioned In Revelation 13:18? - 666! 252 Replies

Started by UDDY in Spirit and Self. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jul 2, 2018.

Jesus Did Not Rise From The Dead On Sunday 150 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in News Discussions. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

World War III 2 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

Will Iran Succeed in Syria?

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues May 14, 2018.

How Can Fiji Sevens Team Improve its performance against the two Giant South Africa and Enland. 16 Replies

Started by Tomasi Vakameau in Sports. Last reply by Tomasi Vakameau Apr 30, 2018.

© 2019   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service