A Place where we can show off our tattoos, peircings, or sketches.

Tattoos go way back.Sometimes it has a story to tell.Some tattoo their beloved on their bodies and some write a message while some write important dates that have significance to their lives.Although tattoism goes against christian scriptures for us South Pacific Islanders, it is deep within our cultre.It shows manhood, fearlessness, braveness and most of all it brings out the warrior in us.

If you have a stories or pictures you would love to stick on this page please feel free to do so

here are some designs just to start us off.

more to come....hope you enjoy

Views: 23666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DRAUNIKAUMILA

It is up to the individual christians I suppose.

Same would be said about Yaqona or the "vei qaraqaravi vaka vanua".Are christians allowed to drink yaqona and so forth??

Any way in saying this.This is an Art and Bodywork Gallery and I'm sure there are other forum for taking up your issue DRAUNIKAUMILA.

Thankyou for your diligence in bringing up that issue.

Lets just stick to the Topic

[JUST MAKE SURE IN WHATEVER TATTOO YOU PUT ON YOUR BODY, YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS]

Vinaka
what you mean its up to us.???...can somebody enlighten me on this......biblicaly

(me vaka ga ni da tiko ena forum ni ARTS)
DRAUNIMABA

If you are considering the question, "To tattoo or not to?" I think the more serious questions to ask yourself are: What are my motives for wanting a tattoo? Am I seeking to glorify God or draw attention to myself? Will my tattoo be a source of contention for my loved ones? Will getting a tattoo cause me to disobey my parents? Will my tattoo cause someone who is weak in the faith to stumble?

Instead of asking, "Is it okay for a Christian to get a tattoo," perhaps a better question might be, "Is it okay for me to get a tattoo?"

Since tattooing is such a controversial issue today, I think it's important to examine your heart and your motives before you make the decision.

Leviticus 19:28 offers light to your question DRAUNIMABA

Vinaka

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........@YABAKIDRAUNIKAMILAMABA...........SA BOGI NA VANUA LAKO LAI MOCE VAQASEQASEA..............HAHAHAHA..........
Not sure if you got your answer but here is a verse from the Bible.

Leviticus 19:28 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.'
thx sione.....

my question is being answered...

(danggg !! but i still want to have a tatooo...(stuck na bastard)
Yabakidrau
Me too Turaga. The boys here in Tonga have some very good tatoos and I have come so close to getting one but ...
Rihanna

Born February 20, 1988, who performs under the name Rihanna, is a Barbadian singer, model, and former beauty queen. She also serves as the cultural ambassador for Barbados.

In early 2008, Rihanna revealed her latest tattoos to eagerly awaiting fans in New York, a collection of stars plunging down her back.

It was her sixth tattoo, in fact at the time she already had at least five other tattoos - a music note on her right ankle, a Pisces sign behind her right ear, a star inside her left ear, the Roman numerals XI IV LXXXVI on her left shoulder and a Sanskrit prayer going down the hip. Since then she has added at least another five tattoos that include a small skull with a pink bow on the back of her left foot, "shhh..." on her right index finger, "love" on her left middle finger, an Arabic phrase on her ribcage area, meaning "Freedom is God".

Rihanna has admitted that tattoos for her are like an addiction. "I like hanging out in tattoo shops" Rihanna has said. "I am so intrigued by tattoos. It's an entire culture, and I study it. Sometimes I go with friends, or just by myself. I get bum-rushed, but I don't care. I don't take security."

NELLY

Cornell Haynes, Jr. (November 2, 1974), better known by his stage name Nelly, is a rapper, singer, actor and entrepreneur. He has performed with the rap group St. Lunatics since 1993 and signed to Universal Records in 1999. Under Universal, Nelly made his solo debut in 2000 with Country Grammar, the title track of which was a top ten hit. With his following albums, Nellyville (2002) and the same-day dual release Sweat (album) and Suit (album) (2004) and compilation Sweatsuit (2006), Nelly continued to generate many chart-topping hits. He won Grammy Awards in 2003 and 2004[4] and starred in the 2005 remake film The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock. He has two clothing lines, Vokal and Applebottoms.

The GRILLZ singer has a collection of tattoos including the word "lunatic" above his navel, a heart on his chest, and five playing cards and dice on his right arm. He recently added tribal-symbol tattoos on his left arm and neck

Colin Farrell

Colin James Farrell (born May 31, 1976) is an Irish actor, who has appeared in several high-profile Hollywood films including Tigerland, Daredevil, Miami Vice, Minority Report, Phone Booth, Alexander and S.W.A.T.

"My tattoo is just a tribal design from Tahiti that I got when I was there. I'm not macho about things like that - I shit myself every time I go to the dentist. Did you ever get a sore in one of your gums above your teeth, where it's sore but you can't stop rubbing it? It's the same kind of thing getting a tattoo. It's sore, but it's kind of nice."

"Carpe diem....with my girl", the words "Carpe Diem" (Latin for "Seize the day") After his divorce he had the "with my girl" part covered by a cross. On his left ring finger, above the knuckle he has the name "Millie" tattooed. "Millie" was a nickname for his first wife, Amelia Warner, other one reads I Love no matter.

The stories behind the All Blacks' tattoos

CRUCIFIXION: Ma'a Nonu show a giant portrait of the crucifixion tattooed on his back.

Everyone has their cross to bear. Ma'a Nonu is no exception and, to remind him of that, the All Blacks midfielder has had a giant portrait of the crucifixion tattooed on his back.

He unveiled the eye-catching body art last week at a team recovery pool session in Wellington.

The tattoo is relatively new. Nonu used to have just his surname tattooed across his lower back, but a bad experience in 2007 prompted the new needle-and-ink job.

"I actually got it back in 2007 after I missed out on the world cup squad," he explained.

"I was pretty disappointed and wanted something that would remind me that I need to keep my feet on the ground, to value things in life other than material goods.

"Sometimes when you play [international] rugby you can get a big head. After a couple of good games you can forget to behave and party too hard.

"This is a reminder to stay humble."

Nonu isn't the only All Black to have a crucifix inked into his skin.

His close friend, Neemia Tialata, designed a version of the same tattoo and had it inscribed into his back before going to France in 2007.

The pair are tattoo enthusiasts and Nonu is sporting a Tialata design on his left arm.

"It's about where we grew up [in Wellington]," Nonu said.

"I met him in the under-16 Wellington side so we have been on a long journey together that has had its ups and downs.

"I can remember when we went to the New Zealand under-19 trials and thought we would make the side, and both ended up not making the cut.

"We trained hard to make the New Zealand Colts and did not make that team either.

"Every time we go to a Hurricanes training and see each other, we remind each other dreams can come true. That's what this tattoo means. He has got a similar one on his arm; it's just about him and me."

Nonu said tattoos don't hurt "when it means something".

Auckland loose forward Jerome Kaino would beg to differ.

Kaino has a large tattoo that starts on his right shoulder and snakes down his rib cage. It took three three-hour sessions and has yet to finished.

"They always hurt," he said.

"My one is pretty special to me though. It depicts where I come from and who my family is. It's a design from my village [in birthplace American Samoa]."

New All Blacks flanker Tanerau Latimer is also proud of his tattoo. However, it wasn't always that way.

Back in 2004 he asked his mother, Meretupou Skudder, if he could get one, and she said no.

"But I went out and got it anyway. She saw it when we did the haka after the New Zealand Sevens team won the Wellington tournament later that year.
Ad Feedback

"We had to take our shirts off and she blew up at me."

Latimer said he'd seek permission from his fiancee if he wants to add to the depiction of his whakapapa.
LOCAL FIJIAN TATTOO ART

Fijian masi, Fijian war clubs and a turtle tattooed together

RSS

FORUM

The Fast Fulfilment of Psalm 83 & the King of the South Prophecy 102 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora on Monday.

E Lewe Levu Sara Na Wekada Lotu Wesele Era Saqata Na Kena Sa Vakatutu Taki Me Sa Vakatabui Na Gunu Yaqona Ena Loma Ni Bai Ni Lotu. 191 Replies

Started by Reapi Nayacakalou-Kubunavuravura in World Issues. Last reply by Tevita Bolekinaivalu Masi on Sunday.

Nai Balebale Ni Kuila Na Union Jack. Da Soli Vakasama Mada Ena Tikina Qoka: Sa Dri Yani. 36 Replies

Started by Ratu Sivoriano Masau in World Issues. Last reply by Tevita Bolekinaivalu Masi on Sunday.

British And America in the Bible! 168 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Apr 18.

Jesus Did Not Rise From The Dead On Sunday 146 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in News Discussions. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Apr 16.

How Can Fiji Sevens Team Improve its performance against the two Giant South Africa and Enland. 11 Replies

Started by Tomasi Vakameau in Sports. Last reply by Tomasi Vakameau Apr 11.

Decision Making-Why Is It So Hard To Decide? 2 Replies

Started by anamaria in World Issues. Last reply by THE STIRRER Apr 2.

Who Is This Beast Mentioned In Revelation 13:18? - 666! 227 Replies

Started by UDDY in Spirit and Self. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Mar 31.

Britain Out Of European Union As Prophesied! 42 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Mar 30.

The Surprising Origins Of The Trinity Doctrine 175 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Mar 10.

© 2017   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service