Sign
The Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign to prove that He is the Messiah. The only sign Jesus gave them is the sign of the prophet Jonah.
"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."Mathew12:39-40.John 11:9 shows Jesus referred to the amount of sunlight in a day as 12 hours. So Jesus knew exactly what He was talking about and He meant 72 hours. But the problem is people have been trying for ages to cramp three days and three nights into 36 hours from good Friday to Easter Monday morning.A true believer will believe whatever comes out of His mouth and if you believed in the Jesus who was buried for 36 hours and rose again on an Easter Monday then you are denying the real YAHUSHUWAH who died for your sins.
Day of Death
Jesus Himself predicted the day He will be crusified in.
"Ye know that after two days is the feast of Passover and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified."Mathew 261-2. He said he is going to be killed on the day of Passover. Jesus was crucified in the year 31.A.D and according to the Jewish calender, the Passover for that year fell on a Wednesday.
Israel used to observe Passover by killing an unblemished lamb and smearing the blood on every doorpost in order to escape the angel of death.
1Corinthians 5:7 says that Christ is now our Passover as He was sacrificed and His blood shed in order for true believers to escape death. Jesus was crucified and buried on the day of Passover,31.A.D.
Preparation Day
All four Gospel testifies that Jesus was crucified on preparation day.Preparation day is a day before a Sabbath.But John was very specific. "..because it was preparation day, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was an high day)."John 19:31.A high day means it was an annual Sabbath. It is not an ordinary weekly seventh day Sabbath.It also can fall on any day of the week.
Key in Leviticus
Leviticus 23:5-7."In the fourteenth day of the same month at even is the Lord's Passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread... Ye shall have no servile work therein." Here we can see that the Passover was also that day of preparation meant by the Gospels.Jesus died on Passover which was also preparation day. "And that day was the preparation day and the Sabbath and drew on."Luke 23:54.
Sabbath After Passover
Mark 16:1 "And when the Sabbath came past Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Salome had bought sweet spices so that they might come and annoint Him." This verse refers to the annual Sabbath (15th) after Passover(14 th).Jesus died around 3 pm and these women following the body to the burial before sunset would simply leave no time for shopping.
The Weekly Sabbath
Luke 23:56 "And they returned and prepared spices and ointments and rested the Sabbath day according to the COMMANDMENTS." Here Luke was referring to the weekly Sabbath as demanded by the Ten Commandments.The canonized Gospels were referring to two Sabbaths in the same week all along. After the burial on the even of Passover(Wednesday) they rested for the annual Sabbath of unleavened bread(Thursday).The next day would be Friday and the women collected and prepared spices and ointments. Then they again rested for the weekly Sabbath(Saturday)
Matthew 28:1 "In the end of the Sabbath as it began to dawn towards the first day of the week came Mary Magdalene..." The inspired Greek text reads "after the Sabbaths." It is plural meaning more than one Sabbath in that particular week. While many points to these as contradictions in the four Gospels, they are in fact complementing each.
Risen
According to Mark15:34 Jesus died around the ninth hour of daylight which is around 3pm and was buried the same day before the Passover or Wednesday sunset. So three days and there nights later would end just before the sunset on Saturday or the seventh day of the week or the Lord's day.Jesus Christ did not rise from the dead on Sunday morning.
May God be glorified for unwavering love

Views: 3365

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Vinaka Waqa.
It's good to know you study Greek. But before we move on,I'd like you to remember that if you want to know the original inspired form of the New Testament,then you have to go for the Greek version and not the Hebrew text. But yes for the Old Testament,then it is good to refer to the Hebrew text because it was originally written in Hebrew.
Now for your concern about the Greek text,I'll just show you two examples:
(1)The Sabbath in Luke 23:56 is spelled sabbatov.
(2)But the Sabbath in Matthew 28:1 is spelled sabbatwv.
Now why is it different? You should know because you study Greek.
Sabbatwv or Sabbatwn is derived from Koine Greek.Any Koine Greek word that ends in twn or twv is plural in meaning.
Vinaka Waqa.
By the way some English Bibles such as the International Standard Version, Berean Literal Bible and Young's Literal Translation have Matthew 28:1 translated as "SABBATHS".
Na noda Kalou levu ko Yahuwah e sega ni veisau.

Please if want to explain that, you have to use the  Greek word for it like σάββατον and not Sabbatwn (this is only to help us use the English lingo for pronunciation, for people to be able to say it right) but it is not a Greek word.

Same as this one, Sabbaths σάββατων 

But thanks for trying - your theory can be an insult to the Greeks and Bible scholars

MT Waqa..kua ni vakalusia nomu icegu..qoka era na mataqali vata na MUSLIM..era cuva na vakaraubuka kei na Vakarauwai..mataqali vata ga na ISIS..mataqali tamata vakai Saidora are called radical Christians...era na saga toka mera donu..me yacova ni da veitaratara..sarava ga na ka sa caka tiko ena veiyasai vuravura sa sega na loloma sa kaukauwa ga na yalo ni via tukuna ga nira dina...ka vakaloloma na rai vaka qoka..

sa laurai ga ike na vasota vuku kei na theology,,,,,eda na bula ga na tamata ena vakabauta (Heb10;38),,,sega ena vuku se na vosa vaka vuku se na kila ka,na vakabauta e solia na kalou,sega ni koroni vuli ni lotu,if we can explain things of God than its no more by faith,,its by knowledge,,even abraham by faith,believed God and God counted to him as righteousness,

(Romans4:3-5)

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

nothing against research and comparing verses but if it has a motive to argue and push forth an agenda to drive us away from THE FAITH,than we should examine ourselves if we even in the faith,,

MC let me quote you here, "if we can explain things of God than its no more by faith,,its by knowledge"

These two scriptures seems to support "knowledge".

1. Hosea 4:6
    6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children. (NKJV)

Commentary:

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge pinpoints the cause of man’s problem, i.e., lack of knowledge. The lack of knowledge does not stem from a shortage of information, but rather from information rejected. The result of this will be that Israel will be removed from its place as God’s representative to proclaim His revelation to the world. The mother (i.e., the nation Israel, cf. vs. 5) will be destroyed. All of this stems from the fact that they have forgotten God’s law; they have failed to do things God’s way. The results: I will also forget thy children. God will forget the nation from Hosea’s day to our own, but ultimately He will call out a remnant; and from that remnant He will establish a new kingdom in which righteousness shall reign. The nation of Hosea’s day, however, will not realize any of this. Because they are unconscious to their sin, they will not consciously experience God’s blessing, but will consciously experience His judgment. This is the tragedy of sin.[1]

1. Isaiah 53:11
    11 He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities. (NKJV)

Commentary:

We have a living and rejoicing Savior, for His suffering led to satisfaction. He took our hell that we might have His heaven. He is happy, for down through the ages multitudes, yes, millions, have come to Him and found sweet release from guilt, pardon for wrongdoing, and healing from the leprosy of sin. Christ said there is joy in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, and that number can be multiplied by millions. Think of the joy and satisfaction of Christ today! We have a happy Christ, a joyful Christ, and it is going to be fun to be in His presence.

You can bring added joy to His heart by accepting the gift of eternal life that He longs to give to you. He is not asking anything of you—He wants to give you something. It is for “… him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness” (Rom. 4:5). All you have to do is accept Him right where you are. He invites you to the foot of the cross where you will find forgiveness for your sins. May this be your prayer and mine:

Beneath the cross of Jesus

I fain would take my stand—

The shadow of a mighty Rock

Within a weary land;

A home within the wilderness,

A rest upon the way,

From the burning of the noontide heat,

And the burden of the day.

Upon the cross of Jesus

Mine eye at times can see

The very dying form of One

Who suffered there for me:

And from my stricken heart with tears

Two wonders I confess—

The wonders of redeeming love

And my unworthiness.

—Elizabeth C. Clephane, “Beneath the Cross of Jesus”

What a marvelous prayer this is for a sinner to pray! It makes it very clear that all men will not be saved, that all men must accept the Substitute or they will be lost. It also makes clear that the total depravity of man is taught in the Bible, that we are in no condition to save ourselves. All without exception are involved in guilt, and all without exception are involved in sin, and all without exception are guilty of straying, and all without exception have turned away from God, and all without exception have chosen their own way.

[2]

[1]KJV Bible commentary. 1997, c1994 (1671). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

[2]McGee, J. V. (1997, c1981). Thru the Bible commentary. Based on the Thru the Bible radio program. (electronic ed.) (3:315-316). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

by knowledge I had  meant  intellectual conception, not by Gods knowledge ,,or revelation,,

MC it also includes intellectual conception. Please consider this scripture:

2 Peter 1:5
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, (NKJV)

The greek word used in the scripture above is gnosis.

1108 γνῶσις [gnosis /gno·sis/] n f. From 1097; TDNT 1:689; TDNTA 119; GK 1194; 29 occurrences; AV translates as “knowledge” 28 times, and “science” once. 1 knowledge signifies in general intelligence, understanding. 1a the general knowledge of Christian religion. 1b the deeper more perfect and enlarged knowledge of this religion, such a s belongs to the more advanced. 1c esp. of things lawful and unlawful for Christians. 1d moral wisdom, such as is seen in right living. Additional Information: For synonyms see entries 4678, sophia; 4907, sunesis; and 5428, phronesis.See entry 5826 for comparison of synonyms.

[1]

KNOW. (Ex. 3:7) yada˒ (yah-dah); Strong’s #3045: To know, to perceive, to distinguish, to recognize, to acknowledge, to be acquainted with; in a few instances to “know intimately,” that is, sexually; also to acknowledge, recognize, esteem, and endorse. When Scripture speaks of God’s making known His name, it refers to His revealing (through deeds or events) what His name truly means. Thus, in 6:3, “I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as ˒El Shaddai, but by My name Yahweh I was not known to them.” God did not mean that the patriarchs had never heard the name Yahweh, but rather that He did not reveal the full meaning of His name Yahweh until the time of Moses and the Exodus. Also (John 8:32) ginosko (ghin-oce-koe); Strong’s #1097: Compare “prognosis,” “gnomic,” “gnomon,” “gnostic.” To perceive, understand, recognize, gain knowledge, realize, come to know. Ginosko is the knowledge that has an inception, a progress, and an attainment. It is the recognition of truth by personal experience.

KNOWLEDGE—the truth or facts of life that a person acquires either through experience or thought. The greatest truth that a person can possess with the mind or learn through experience is truth about God (Ps. 46:10; John 8:31-32). This cannot be gained by unaided human reason (Job 11:7; Rom. 11:33). It is acquired only as God shows Himself to man—in nature and conscience (Psalm 19; Rom. 1:19-20); in history or providence (Deut. 6:20-25; Dan. 2:21); and especially in the Bible (Psalm 119; Rev. 1:1-3).

Mental knowledge by itself, as good as it may be, is inadequate; it is too capable of only producing pride (1 Cor. 8:1, 13:2). Moral knowledge affects a person’s will (Prov. 1:7; Phil. 3:11-12; 1 John 4:6). It is knowledge of the heart, not the mind alone. The Book of Proverbs deals primarily with this kind of knowledge. Experiential knowledge is that gained through one’s experience (Gen. 4:1; 2 Cor. 5:21; 1 John 4:7-8).

The apostle Paul’s wish for the church at Colosse was that they might increase in the “knowledge of God” (Col. 1:10).

KNOWLEDGE. (Mal. 2:7) da˒at (dah-aht); Strong’s #1847: Knowledge; knowing, understanding, intelligence, wisdom, discernment, skill. Da˒at comes from the verb yada˒, “to know.” Occurring more than ninety times, its first mention is in Genesis 2:9, describing the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Hosea 4:6 states that the lack of knowledge destroys God’s people. In Exodus 31:3, da˒at refers to craftsmanship and artistic abilities; God gave Bezalel knowledge to design artistic works. Isaiah 53:11 (“By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many”) can be taken to mean that knowledge of Him (that is, knowing Him) justifies them, or that He uses His knowledge and skills to obtain their justification: that is, He, by His priestly intercession, knows how to justify believers.

[2]

n n: noun or neuter

f f: feminine

TDNT Theological Dictionary of the New Testament

[1]Strong, J. (1996). The exhaustive concordance of the Bible : Showing every word of the test of the common English version of the canonical books, and every occurence of each word in regular order. (electronic ed.) (G1108). Ontario: Woodside Bible Fellowship.

[2]Hayford, J. W., & Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1995). Hayford's Bible handbook. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

bro saidora,kemuni sa vaka tale na farisi e na john chpt 9 nona vaka bula ko Jisu na turaga sucu mataboko ratou via vaka difficulty tale i kea na farisi e na nodratou kauta mai na nodratou lawa ni moci,ratou investigate taki Jisu ratou qai beitaki koya ni tamata i valavala ca [vs 24] qai tukuna vei ratou o mataboko vs25 ..whether he is a sinner or not,I dont know, one thing i do know i was blind but now i see.Same concept applies to this discussion ..who cares on which day Jesus rose from the dead as long as He is risen and He has & praise God for that He is a risen King ascended to heaven seated on the right hand of the Father interceding for us.Sa voleka tale na nona lesu mai tou se leqataka tikoga na siga e tucake kina mai na mate,me da dikevi keda in vs 39 Jesus said "for judgement i have come into this world so that the blind we'll see and those who see we'll become blind ...in other words the blind man sees and the seeing man are blind.

Bro Max,who do I think cares?
I believed that God cares?Why?
Because we are using this it as an excuse to profane or break His commandment concerning His Sabbath.
I would rather obey God than drift with the flow.
I don't mind being branded as a Pharisees,a radical, a blind,a sinner,a lier,a muslim or whatever people here have called me.As long as I'm right with God in following His commandments.
Did you noticed from the Bible that this world hates God's truth and that was why God's prophets and people were killed? Did you know people killed Jesus because of the message He proclaimed? Jesus predicted you will be hated because of me.
But our church leaders nowdays are feted,loved by the people,became millionaires from gifts and missed used tithes and you name it.They proclaimed the wrong message. Certainly this world loved them.
Thank you very much Joe. I have no intention of ever joining a lukewarm church.
"I know thy works,that thou art neither cold nor hot...I will spew thee out of my mouth."Revelation 3:15-16
If you want to know more of what God thinks of the state of the church right now go and read Revelation 3:14-22.
That is the very church you championed. I will have no part in it.
Vinaka

saidora and joe,you two need to get saved,,,real christians dont argue about scriptures they dont even understand themselves,,you get a little phd from a seminary ,you think you know better than evrybody else???,come on man ,,wheres the love for others ,,i feel you guys have an attitude to what you believe ,,how about everyone else???what if you twoo are missing the point,,did the sabbath die for your sins???come on man,,,away with childishness of im right and youre wrong ,,wheres the forgive and the love your enemies that christ taught,,and remember how you treat others determines what kinda christian you are,,if you dont stop and love one another and be reconciled to God instead of what you know,,youll be at two very different extremes ,,,you wont agree with each other ,,and youll be more bitter to each other and will go to lengths trying to cut and paste what others have said instead of your own personel walk and relationship with God,,and youll be consumed of your own selfs,,leave those arguments alone and just have a relationship with JESUS,,its more peaceful ,,forgiving and loving experience

Read the post about the Bereans.
Prove by the scripture if any thing I said was against the Word.
Oh by the way Paul had an argument with Peter for upholding traditional customs and he did correct him.
Not only Peter,Barnabas and Cephas.These are all apostles of Christ at loggerhead.
What I am doing here is pitying the scripture against church traditional beliefs and customs.
I'd suggest you read Acts chapter 15 to get a head start.
Vinaka chop

RSS

FORUM

SA LALA DINA NA KORO QO - DID FACEBOOK KILLED MATAVUVALE? 11 Replies

Started by NiteDrox in News Discussions. Last reply by Tomasi Vakameau Sep 3.

Decision Making-Why Is It So Hard To Decide? 9 Replies

Started by anamaria in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Sep 2.

Veidigidigi e Viti e na yabaki 2018. 31 Replies

Started by viliame nabobo in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Feb 12.

Who Is This Beast Mentioned In Revelation 13:18? - 666! 252 Replies

Started by UDDY in Spirit and Self. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jul 2, 2018.

Jesus Did Not Rise From The Dead On Sunday 150 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in News Discussions. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

World War III 2 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

Will Iran Succeed in Syria?

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues May 14, 2018.

How Can Fiji Sevens Team Improve its performance against the two Giant South Africa and Enland. 16 Replies

Started by Tomasi Vakameau in Sports. Last reply by Tomasi Vakameau Apr 30, 2018.

© 2019   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service