Sign
The Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign to prove that He is the Messiah. The only sign Jesus gave them is the sign of the prophet Jonah.
"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."Mathew12:39-40.John 11:9 shows Jesus referred to the amount of sunlight in a day as 12 hours. So Jesus knew exactly what He was talking about and He meant 72 hours. But the problem is people have been trying for ages to cramp three days and three nights into 36 hours from good Friday to Easter Monday morning.A true believer will believe whatever comes out of His mouth and if you believed in the Jesus who was buried for 36 hours and rose again on an Easter Monday then you are denying the real YAHUSHUWAH who died for your sins.
Day of Death
Jesus Himself predicted the day He will be crusified in.
"Ye know that after two days is the feast of Passover and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified."Mathew 261-2. He said he is going to be killed on the day of Passover. Jesus was crucified in the year 31.A.D and according to the Jewish calender, the Passover for that year fell on a Wednesday.
Israel used to observe Passover by killing an unblemished lamb and smearing the blood on every doorpost in order to escape the angel of death.
1Corinthians 5:7 says that Christ is now our Passover as He was sacrificed and His blood shed in order for true believers to escape death. Jesus was crucified and buried on the day of Passover,31.A.D.
Preparation Day
All four Gospel testifies that Jesus was crucified on preparation day.Preparation day is a day before a Sabbath.But John was very specific. "..because it was preparation day, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was an high day)."John 19:31.A high day means it was an annual Sabbath. It is not an ordinary weekly seventh day Sabbath.It also can fall on any day of the week.
Key in Leviticus
Leviticus 23:5-7."In the fourteenth day of the same month at even is the Lord's Passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread... Ye shall have no servile work therein." Here we can see that the Passover was also that day of preparation meant by the Gospels.Jesus died on Passover which was also preparation day. "And that day was the preparation day and the Sabbath and drew on."Luke 23:54.
Sabbath After Passover
Mark 16:1 "And when the Sabbath came past Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Salome had bought sweet spices so that they might come and annoint Him." This verse refers to the annual Sabbath (15th) after Passover(14 th).Jesus died around 3 pm and these women following the body to the burial before sunset would simply leave no time for shopping.
The Weekly Sabbath
Luke 23:56 "And they returned and prepared spices and ointments and rested the Sabbath day according to the COMMANDMENTS." Here Luke was referring to the weekly Sabbath as demanded by the Ten Commandments.The canonized Gospels were referring to two Sabbaths in the same week all along. After the burial on the even of Passover(Wednesday) they rested for the annual Sabbath of unleavened bread(Thursday).The next day would be Friday and the women collected and prepared spices and ointments. Then they again rested for the weekly Sabbath(Saturday)
Matthew 28:1 "In the end of the Sabbath as it began to dawn towards the first day of the week came Mary Magdalene..." The inspired Greek text reads "after the Sabbaths." It is plural meaning more than one Sabbath in that particular week. While many points to these as contradictions in the four Gospels, they are in fact complementing each.
Risen
According to Mark15:34 Jesus died around the ninth hour of daylight which is around 3pm and was buried the same day before the Passover or Wednesday sunset. So three days and there nights later would end just before the sunset on Saturday or the seventh day of the week or the Lord's day.Jesus Christ did not rise from the dead on Sunday morning.
May God be glorified for unwavering love

Views: 3469

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

theres nothing to prove in the scriptures ,every word is PERFECT,,its our interpretation that messes things up,,,paul and peter argued and they reconciled ,they were able to solve their differences to each other hence the advancement of the gospel,,what we have here is 4 pages and counting of 2 extreme views ,with one trying to condemn the other with no sign of slowing down and solving differences,,i hope you find a common ground cos body of christ cannot be divided,a house divided against himself will  not stand,,so if we all christians why is there division ???? 

MC we're fighting for the truth and the motivation for standing up to the lies is LOVE. Some of the people that do caught up in it actually believe that it is the truth. And these are good people who don't know any different unless somebody tells them otherwise.

Here's two scriptures for you to consider:

Proverbs 27:5
5 Open rebuke is better than secret love. (KJV)

Proverbs 15:10
10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die. (KJV)

Vinaka.

vinaka joe and saidora,,im a leave you two alone  and forgive me for overstepping my boundaries,shalom to you both,vinaka!!

MC different churches will have different "vision" but the main goal "should be" the same for all of us. That every person should hear the gospel presentation at least once and be given an opportunity to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and Lord. I'll leave you with this scripture to ponder on:

2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. (NKJV)

Vinaka.

Jesus didnt say to Peter..peter  fleece my sheep He said feed my sheep.The law makes the preacher to fleece you but GRACE feeds you thats the good news.

The Annulling of the LAW

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God. (NKJV)

Commentary:

7:18 The law which set up the Aaronic priesthood has been annulled because of its weakness and unprofitableness. It has been canceled by the advent of Christ.

In what sense was the law weak and unprofitable? Was it not given by God Himself? Could God give anything that was impotent and useless? The answer is that God never intended this to be the ultimate law of priesthood. It was preparatory to the coming of God’s ideal priesthood. It was a partial and temporary picture of that which would be perfect and final.

7:19 It was also weak and useless in the sense that it made nothing perfect. The people were never able to go into the presence of God in the Most Holy Place. This enforced distance between God and man was a constant reminder that the sin question was not settled once for all.

But now a better hope has been introduced through which we draw near to God. That better hope is the Lord Jesus Himself; those who have Him as their only hope have perfect access to God at any time.

[1]

[1]MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible Commentary : Old and New Testaments (Heb 7:18). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

I find people became irritated when their traditional belief are exposed as being the work of Satan.We tend to furiously hold on to our beliefs without trying to prove things as the highly praised Bereans.

Even history proves that the Sabbath was changed by the Roman empire. But people started calling names.People started branding a 'blind trying to lead the blind especially as we are all human being.
But the Bible told of an incident where even the Son of man,Jesus Christ have to withdraw in order to avoid being stoned by the people. People.
People you have and will be now hearing the Gospel of the Coming Kingdom of God. Test it against the Word of God.

EXCURSUS ON THE SABBATH

The Sabbath day was, and always will be, the seventh day of the week (Saturday).

God rested on the seventh day, after the six days of creation (Gen. 2:2). He did not command man to keep the Sabbath day at that time, although He may have intended the principle—one day of rest in every seven—to be followed.

The nation of Israel was commanded to keep the Sabbath when the Ten Commandments were given (Ex. 20:8–11). The law of the Sabbath was different from the other nine commandments; it was a ceremonial law while the others were moral. The only reason it was wrong to work on the Sabbath was because God said so. The other commandments had to do with things that were intrinsically wrong.

The prohibition against work on the Sabbath was never intended to apply to: the service of God (Matt. 12:5), deeds of necessity (Matt. 12:3, 4), or deeds of mercy (Matt. 12:11, 12). Nine of the Ten Commandments are repeated in the New Testament not as law but as instructions for Christians living under grace. The only commandment Christians are never told to keep is that of the Sabbath. Rather, Paul teaches that the Christian cannot be condemned for failing to keep it (Col. 2:16).

The distinctive day of Christianity is the first day of the week. The Lord Jesus rose from the dead on that day (John 20:1), a proof that the work of redemption had been completed and divinely approved. On the next two Lord’s Days, He met with His disciples (John 20:19, 26). The Holy Spirit was given on the first day of the week (Acts 2:1; cf. Lev. 23:15, 16). The early disciples met on that day to break bread, showing forth the Lord’s death (Acts 20:7). It is the day appointed by God on which Christians should set aside funds for the work of the Lord (1 Cor. 16:1, 2).

The Sabbath or seventh day came at the end of a week of toil; the Lord’s Day, or Sunday, begins a week with the restful knowledge that the work of redemption has been completed. The Sabbath commemorated the first creation; the Lord’s Day is linked with the new creation. The Sabbath day was a day of responsibility; the Lord’s Day is a day of privilege.

Christians do not “keep” the Lord’s Day as a means of earning salvation or achieving holiness, nor from fear of punishment. They set it apart because of loving devotion to the One who gave Himself for them. Because we are released from the routine, secular affairs of life on this day, we can set it apart in a special way for the worship and service of Christ.

It is not right to say that the Sabbath was changed to the Lord’s Day. The Sabbath is Saturday and the Lord’s Day is Sunday. The Sabbath was a shadow; the substance is Christ (Col. 2:16, 17). The resurrection of Christ marked a new beginning, and the Lord’s day signifies that beginning.

As a faithful Jew living under the law, Jesus kept the Sabbath (in spite of the accusations of the Pharisees to the contrary). As the Lord of the Sabbath, He freed it from the false rules and regulations with which it had become encrusted.[1]

[1] MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible Commentary : Old and New Testaments (Jas 2:12). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Christ’s Offering is Once-for-All

Hebrews 10:1-4
1 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins. (NKJV)

10:1 The law was only a shadow of the good things that were to come. It pointed forward to the Person and work of Christ but it was a poor substitute for reality. To prefer the law to Christ is like preferring a picture to the person represented. It is an insult to His majesty!

The weakness of the legal system is seen in the fact that its sacrifices had to be constantly repeated. This repetition proved their total inability to meet the claims of a holy God. Notice the expressions used to capture this idea of repetitiveness: the same sacrifices; offer continually; year by year.

The sacrifices were utterly unable to perfect the worshipers, that is, they never gave the people a perfect conscience as far as sin was concerned. The Israelites never enjoyed the consciousness of being cleared forever from the guilt of sin. They never had complete rest of conscience.

10:2 If the offerings had completely and finally absolved them from sin, then would they not have ceased making the annual trek to the tabernacle or temple? The regular recurrence of the sacrifices branded them as ineffectual. Whoever has to take medicine every hour to stay alive can hardly be said to be cured.

10:3 Instead of pacifying the conscience, the Levitical system stabbed it awake each year. Behind the beautiful ritual of the Day of Atonement lurked the annual reminder that sins were only being covered, not removed.

10:4 The blood of bulls and goats simply did not have the power to take away sins. As mentioned previously, these sacrifices dealt with ritual errors. They gave a certain ceremonial cleansing but they were utter failures as far as providing satisfaction for man’s corrupt nature or for his evil deeds.

[1]

[1]MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible Commentary : Old and New Testaments (Heb 10:1). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Jesus came to fulfill the Law and was sacrificed for our sins.

He is now our Passover.

We don't need to sacrifice animals on the altar anymore because Christ is the Lamb of God.
Often we heard people said that gentile Christian are exempt from observing high Sabbaths and Gods weekly Sabbath as the Jewish did.
What did God says?
Isaiah prophesied of the time that we are in right now.He had a vision of the time just before Christ returned the second time. Listen.

"Thus said the Lord,Keep ye judgement, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness(Christ) to be revealed(2nd coming).
Blessed is the man that doeth((work) this,and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the Sabbath(7th day) from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Neither let the son of the stranger(gentile), that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch(slave) say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my Sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

Even unto them(gentile)will I give in mine House and within my walls a place and a name better than of my sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
Also the sons of the STRANGER,that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one (Jews and gentiles alike) that keepeth(work) the Sabbath from polluting it,and taketh hold of my covenant;
Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Isaiah 56:1-7.
God bless.

Do Christians have to observe the Sabbath day?

It is often claimed that “God instituted the Sabbath in Eden” because of the connection between the Sabbath and creation in Exodus 20:11. Although God's rest on the seventh day (Genesis 2:3) did foreshadow a future Sabbath law, there is no biblical record of the Sabbath before the children of Israel left the land of Egypt. Nowhere in Scripture is there any hint that Sabbath-keeping was practiced from Adam to Moses.

The Word of God makes it quite clear that Sabbath observance was a special sign between God and Israel: “The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested” (Exodus 31:16–17).

In Deuteronomy 5, Moses restates the Ten Commandments to the next generation of Israelites. Here, after commanding Sabbath observance in verses 12–14, Moses gives the reason the Sabbath was given to the nation Israel: “Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day” (Deuteronomy 5:15).

God's intent for giving the Sabbath to Israel was not that they would remember creation, but that they would remember their Egyptian slavery and the Lord's deliverance. Note the requirements for Sabbath-keeping: A person placed under that Sabbath law could not leave his home on the Sabbath (Exodus 16:29), he could not build a fire (Exodus 35:3), and he could not cause anyone else to work (Deuteronomy 5:14). A person breaking the Sabbath law was to be put to death (Exodus 31:15; Numbers 15:32–35).

An examination of New Testament passages shows us four important points:

1) Whenever Christ appears in His resurrected form and the day is mentioned, it is always the first day of the week (Matthew 28:1, 9, 10; Mark 16:9; Luke 24:1, 13, 15; John 20:19, 26).

2) The only time the Sabbath is mentioned from Acts through Revelation it is for evangelistic purposes to the Jews and the setting is usually in a synagogue (Acts chapters 13–18). Paul wrote, “to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews” (1 Corinthians 9:20). Paul did not go to the synagogue to fellowship with and edify the saints, but to convict and save the lost.

3) Once Paul states “from now on I will go to the Gentiles” (Acts 18:6), the Sabbath is never again mentioned.

And

4) instead of suggesting adherence to the Sabbath day, the remainder of the New Testament implies the opposite (including the one exception to point 3 above, found in Colossians 2:16).

Looking more closely at point 4 above will reveal that there is no obligation for the New Testament believer to keep the Sabbath, and will also show that the idea of a Sunday “Christian Sabbath” is also unscriptural. As discussed above, there is one time the Sabbath is mentioned after Paul began to focus on the Gentiles, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” (Colossians 2:16–17). The Jewish Sabbath was abolished at the cross where Christ “canceled the written code, with its regulations” (Colossians 2:14).

This idea is repeated more than once in the New Testament: “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord” (Romans 14:5–6a). “But now that you know God — or rather are known by God — how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years” (Galatians 4:9–10).

But some claim that a mandate by Constantine in A.D. 321 “changed” the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. On what day did the early church meet for worship? Scripture never mentions any Sabbath (Saturday) gatherings by believers for fellowship or worship. However, there are clear passages that mention the first day of the week. For instance, Acts 20:7 states that “on the first day of the week we came together to break bread.” In 1 Corinthians 16:2 Paul urges the Corinthian believers “on the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income.” Since Paul designates this offering as “service” in 2 Corinthians 9:12, this collection must have been linked with the Sunday worship service of the Christian assembly. Historically Sunday, not Saturday, was the normal meeting day for Christians in the church, and its practice dates back to the first century.

The Sabbath was given to Israel, not the church. The Sabbath is still Saturday, not Sunday, and has never been changed. But the Sabbath is part of the Old Testament Law, and Christians are free from the bondage of the Law (Galatians 4:1-26; Romans 6:14). Sabbath keeping is not required of the Christian—be it Saturday or Sunday. The first day of the week, Sunday, the Lord's Day (Revelation 1:10) celebrates the New Creation, with Christ as our resurrected Head. We are not obligated to follow the Mosaic Sabbath—resting, but are now free to follow the risen Christ—serving. The Apostle Paul said that each individual Christian should decide whether to observe a Sabbath rest, “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind” (Romans 14:5). We are to worship God every day, not just on Saturday or Sunday.

Sourced from: Gotquestions.org

RSS

FORUM

The Kaunitoni Expedition Myth 1 Reply

Started by jokerr in News Discussions. Last reply by Apete Naitini Feb 9.

Britain Out Of European Union As Prophesied! 46 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jan 31.

Wake up!!

Started by Gaberielle Vaitah Starr Yael N in News Discussions Jan 25.

SA LALA DINA NA KORO QO - DID FACEBOOK KILLED MATAVUVALE? 12 Replies

Started by NiteDrox in News Discussions. Last reply by Mike Dec 27, 2019.

Decision Making-Why Is It So Hard To Decide? 9 Replies

Started by anamaria in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Sep 2, 2019.

Veidigidigi e Viti e na yabaki 2018. 31 Replies

Started by viliame nabobo in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Feb 12, 2019.

Who Is This Beast Mentioned In Revelation 13:18? - 666! 252 Replies

Started by UDDY in Spirit and Self. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jul 2, 2018.

Jesus Did Not Rise From The Dead On Sunday 150 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in News Discussions. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

© 2020   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service