Please read and comment

Revised Budget details revealed in gazette
Story by: Vijay Narayan - Fiji Village News - 9 July 2010

"The Military budget has also been increased in the revised budget by $8.54 million."

While the revised National Budget for 2010 sees a reduction in government expenditure by $75 million, some ministries and departments have received additional funds for the remaining months of this year.

The Operating Fund budget for Miscellaneous Services has been increased by $41.53 million to $84.629 million.

The Ministry of Provincial Development also received a boost in the revised budget which has now been gazetted by President Ratu Epeli Nailatikau in an Appropriation Amendment Decree.

The budget for Provincial Development has been increased by $21.810 million to $48.334 million.

The Ministry of Works and Transport budget has been revised and increased by $28 million.

Hopes are high that these additional funds which now brings the Ministry's total budget to $170 million will see many projects in relation to infrastructure.

The Ministry of Primary Industries has also received an additional $10 million based on the focus on agriculture.

The Military budget has also been increased in the revised budget by $8.54 million.

This takes their estimated budget from $92.570 million to $101.118 million.

According to the gazetted revised budget, the Ministry of Justice also received an additional $2.2 million.

According to government officials, most of the increases are based on planned capital works and expenditure.

However significant reductions have also been made for some ministries.

Officials said some of the reductions are based on some projects not ready to begin with preparations not even starting.

The budget of the Office of the Prime Minister has been reduced by $12 million, Ministry of Public Utilities and Energy budget has been reduced by $19.5 million, Ministry of Education budget reduced by $11 million, the Health Ministry budget is down by $9 million while the Ministry of National Planning is reduced by $8.7 million.

Views: 70

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In order to reduce backlash of all his officers, the Ilegal Govermement is paying the Armies top dollars so that they do not rebel against him.

Its all lies. The whole battalion of the Fiji Army are lying to Frank's Government in the face. They really do not support him, its because of the money in the pocket that is why they are behind. Given a survey among the Fijian this is what they say " AU SA CAKAVA TU GA OQO BALETA NA SAU NI NEITOU VALE KEI NA KANA NI NODRATOU NA NOQU MATAVUVALE!" . interpreted as " I am doing this because I have to pay off the house mortgage and the livelyhood of my family"

Now there exist a group of soldiers(top brass) soldiers who do not support Frank's cause but are sidelined on top missions/statutory bodies so that they are kept out of sight and to give the public that they do not support Him but infact they are. To them I say,that is not good enough- you are no better then Frank and you are gulity as Frank is.. A passive vote is a yes vote for this Illegall Government. Either you are FOR ME or AGAINST ME- there is no middle ground on the ethics and morality.

RSS

FORUM

Veidigidigi e Viti e na yabaki 2018. 31 Replies

Started by viliame nabobo in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Feb 12.

Decision Making-Why Is It So Hard To Decide? 8 Replies

Started by anamaria in World Issues. Last reply by Islandgal Aug 27, 2018.

Who Is This Beast Mentioned In Revelation 13:18? - 666! 252 Replies

Started by UDDY in Spirit and Self. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jul 2, 2018.

Jesus Did Not Rise From The Dead On Sunday 150 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in News Discussions. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

World War III 2 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

Will Iran Succeed in Syria?

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues May 14, 2018.

How Can Fiji Sevens Team Improve its performance against the two Giant South Africa and Enland. 16 Replies

Started by Tomasi Vakameau in Sports. Last reply by Tomasi Vakameau Apr 30, 2018.

What Exactly Is Grace According To The Bible? 100 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Apr 28, 2018.

MINING ROYALTY FAIR SHARING MODEL 4 Replies

Started by HON..DE..RAJ in World Issues. Last reply by Tevita Bolekinaivalu Masi Mar 24, 2018.

© 2019   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service