You are invited to share and pen your ideas, views or opinions that will facilitate/assist our country back to democracy. All positive and/or negative ideas and comments to steer us back to the road of democracy are welcome.

Whichever way one looks at our current situation back home, democracy has been completely raped. The rape of democracy in Fiji is a virtual degradation of the populus of Fiji. Their human rights are being deprived:

1. the right to decide their government;
2. who they want to represent them;
3. their right to free assembly;
4. free protest;
5. free to organise into groups so that they can talk about what is pertinent to their daily lives;
6. protest on issues they do not agree with....with no fear of intimidation from anybody.

With this military regime in place, the concept of freedom per the Constitution is a total myth!

And, we, the people of Fiji need to come together and be vehement about our total disagreement with the military regime. So give us liberty or death! The reality of the issue is that democracy in Fiji has been raped...from top to bottom...left to right....inside and out and vice versa!

Here we have a military regime that talks about freedom to the people and yet the very same military regime randomly arrest people, torture them, inflict unnecessary harrassment and emotional stress to those that seem a threat to them. The military regime talks about racial unity.......the communal concept of togetherness and yet Fiji is far more racially divided today than it ever was.

The so-called advisors, viz-a-viz, John Samy, these are rejects from their adopted countries and yet they are being rewarded with exuberant amount(s) of money by these rogue military regime who have no idea what they are doing. Lying to the international community does not augur well with this interim government and yet the interim Prime Minister continuously talks with a forked tongue when addressing international issues. The ministers talk about internal securities as if Fiji is going to be invaded.

All around it is clearly seen that the economy is in tatters and the Constitution is just a useless piece of paper. The rule of law is as what the military regime wants it to be.

The above are just some of my views (from a pro-democracy viewpoint). But, do not let that deter you from penning your comments if you share otherwise.

So, let us come together and voice our views/comments, whether they be for or against the military regime and have a very healthy discussion here so that in the end we can factually understand what our role is, what we need to do and how we can come up with ideas to help restore democracy back in our beloved Fiji!

Please feel free to write what you like or dislike about the military regime. Be sincere and honest about your thoughts, without getting personal or spiteful.

Kindly note, this "topic" will expire as soon as we have an election.

Views: 853990

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

'...but the one at Sukuna Park remains as user-pay,"
Umaria
Where else on earth charges for a toilet. Nowehere else but only in Fiji. This regime will go for anything to collect revenue it seems from their rate of spending.
only in Fiji...
lols@ toliet fee.....

this is sick
Driti rejects school militarisation claim
May 01, 2010 03:43:56 PMA+ A-| || Fiji’s Land Force Commander Brigadier-General Pita Driti says cadet training in schools does not lead to their militarisation.

Driti made the comments while addressing the cadet passing out parade for Ratu Kadavulevu School this week.

“Many have said that cadet training leads to the militarisation of schools. It is not so. Cadet training is aimed at instilling discipline in students,” he said.

“It is through cadet training that students will learn to hear one command, one instruction and will follow each and every command precisely as it is given.”

“It will discipline our students as future leaders to do what is right, where and when necessary with order and credibility.”

Fiji Live
It is wrong to look up to the illegal regime person like 'Driti the torturer' as role model in our society. Children's perception here is that coup culture and being a perpetrator is alright when its not.
Driti: “Many have said that cadet training leads to the militarization of schools. It is not so. Cadet training is aimed at instilling discipline in students.”

Hopefully, instilling discipline in students also meant differentiating between rightful and wrongful choices; and between lawful and unlawful orders. So when the real test comes along, when all comes down to the wire and is dependent on them—the students will have been disciplined enough; courageous enough—to make the rightful choices without distinction.

(Unlike some people we know, who had lacked both discipline and courage and had failed miserably when the fate of their country were dependent on them)

Driti: “It will discipline our students as future leaders to do what is right, (1) where and when necessary with order (2) and credibility (3)”

It would have been more meaningful to the students, if Driti had gone on to say, “None of these qualities (3) I have, I had lost them all. I’m now a flake and an imposter. Please, students, do as I say and not as I do. Your country needs you.”

So much for Driti’s own credibility claim, it got flushed down a while back?
Tifare and Sireli,

Driti need not talk about credibility because he is the least credible of them all.
Driti, instilling discipline in students, and that includes you and your bunch of thieves in this regime, starts at HOME.

Most of us who believe in and champion democracy (knowing as well that it has its inadequacies) have DISCIPLINE in abundance and it's overflowing, and guess what? MOST OF US NEVER HAD CADET TRAINING.

Discipline like honesty, love, intergrity, peace, tolerance, patience etc are VALUES that we are born with and then through NURTURE (vakavuvuli mai VALE kei na LOTU) becomes part of us. When NURTURE is not fulfilled we end up with persons like those in the regime - lack of values and understanding for the humankind. Cadet training for some, is meant to just be an added bonus - IT IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF DISCIPLINE TRAINING...oiauwe!!!

Why not focus on sports training, bible training, apprenticeship training, etc to instill discipline rather than cadet training?

WHy the need for these students to hear one command, one instruction and follow? They are NOT ANIMALS to be TOLD what to do and NOT QUESTION. If I am one of the parents of these children I would be really unwilling to have my child be a part of this brainwashing exercise. We want our children in the future to be OPENMINDED and willing to question others.

Very contradicting indeed because here we have Voreqe going to the villages and telling the wekas that it is their fault NOT QUESTIONING the OLD ELITES what they have done or not done for them, and here we have his underling saying that cadet training will discipline our future leaders to "hear one command, one instruction and will follow each and every command precisely as it is given.”

Ratai..sa dua mai loli ka dua mai lola...and they are meant to be riding on the same boat...the metaphor is right in Teleni's eyes...look no further!
Well said, from..for Fiji's Children We need relevant education for our children which meets the demand of the 21st Century.For the last 20 years we have lost our way and the Military Junta has affectthe psychological development of the younger generation.Cadet training has a small role if is offered to schools on voluntary basis, the most effective organisations are Scouts,Guiding,Red Cross,ST.Johns Ambulance,Young Farmers Club and other religious organisations that helps social cohesion which enhances personal discipline.In schools the children learn the Four Rs,Reading,'riting,'rithmatic and Religion based on Philosophi and Ethics with the emphasis on how to think and act when interacting with fellow human beings on the Universe.The academic development must be balanced with the Practical and geered towards Economic Developments and Survival.At this point in time there is an urgent need to re-look and plan the Education System that fits for Purpose.The Environment together with our Natural Resources are the major factors that will determine a well balance model applicable for this Century.The University of the South Pacific has an independent role to kick start an Education Commision for the Nation.It is so important that the Military Junta to return the country to a Civilian Rule which will allow its citizens to breath again and have their say and not being affected by the meaningless and unworkable decrees.My major recommendation is to disband the Army as it was done in Costa Rica and save Fiji financially.The Children of Fiji are being threatened through the lack of foresight of the military Dictator,Voreqe Bainimarama and it would be beneficial for the children for him to resign forwith.The whole Nation is grinding to a halt and to avoid spiraling to the abys the is a urgent need to create a better future for Fiji and the Army has no role in the restoration of Democracy and enable Peace and Harmony to thrive once more.So Mr. Suguraki if you are for Fiji,do the honourable act,resign and allow the children of Fiji a chance to develop their talents to benefit the whole nation.
my answer to ur question is totally yes...kevaka me lesu o VTina democracy....eda na raica na klougata...meu kaya mada...e levu na vi matanitu era via sapot taki VT mai..baleta gona na ka e yaco tu qo i VTsa segani dua e via sapot mai..na caka2 sa sega...sa vakalai2taki na caka2 ina matanitu..biu laivi ira na yalodina na caka va tiko nai taviu ena noda matanitu....vakalevutaki nai sau ni kakana..sada raica tu gona na levu ni koco2 ni matanitu qo ..ssa sega na vinanumi...sara biu vannua na kena lewena baleta ni sarui dredre na bula i vt...yalovinaka sara me caka vakatotolo na vididigi me visau na viqaravi ena noda tabana vaka matanitu
Japan assures continued support for Fiji

The Government of Japan has assured that it will continue to support Fiji's economic development as Japan's Parliamentary Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs Chinami Nishimura held bilateral talks with Foreign Affairs Minister Ratu Inoke Kubuabola this afternoon in Suva.

Speaking to Fijivillage news after the meeting, Japanese Ambassador to Fiji, Yutaka Yoshizawa said top on the agenda of todays talks was the continuation of Japans economic assistance programs in Fiji.

Yoshizawa said Ratu Inoke Kubuabola also briefed Nishimura on the current situation in Fiji and governments target to hold elections by 2014.

Nishimura leaves later this afternoon.
Well the Japs. would support Frank, because they also want the Yanks out of Japan and want an offensive Military of their own.
So they will do anything and hop in to bed with anyone to get support.
The Japs. have the same moral compass as Frank and Co. absolutely none.

RSS

FORUM

Veidigidigi e Viti e na yabaki 2018. 21 Replies

Started by viliame nabobo in World Issues. Last reply by viliame nabobo Nov 9.

MINING ROYALTY FAIR SHARING MODEL 3 Replies

Started by HON..DE..RAJ in World Issues. Last reply by Iliesa Oct 24.

Antichrist 37 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Sep 26.

talanoa mai Ovalau ni Cyclone Winston

Started by Aisea Raturaga in World Issues Sep 22.

PASTOR RAPERS... 10 Replies

Started by Anare Cama. in World Issues. Last reply by jokerr Aug 25.

Decision Making-Why Is It So Hard To Decide? 6 Replies

Started by anamaria in World Issues. Last reply by malakai Bitu Keni Aug 24.

Veisureti ni vuli vosa vakaViti - Online

Started by Aisea Raturaga in World Issues Aug 22.

Britain Out Of European Union As Prophesied! 44 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jul 17.

© 2017   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service