You are invited to share and pen your ideas, views or opinions that will facilitate/assist our country back to democracy. All positive and/or negative ideas and comments to steer us back to the road of democracy are welcome.

Whichever way one looks at our current situation back home, democracy has been completely raped. The rape of democracy in Fiji is a virtual degradation of the populus of Fiji. Their human rights are being deprived:

1. the right to decide their government;
2. who they want to represent them;
3. their right to free assembly;
4. free protest;
5. free to organise into groups so that they can talk about what is pertinent to their daily lives;
6. protest on issues they do not agree with....with no fear of intimidation from anybody.

With this military regime in place, the concept of freedom per the Constitution is a total myth!

And, we, the people of Fiji need to come together and be vehement about our total disagreement with the military regime. So give us liberty or death! The reality of the issue is that democracy in Fiji has been raped...from top to bottom...left to right....inside and out and vice versa!

Here we have a military regime that talks about freedom to the people and yet the very same military regime randomly arrest people, torture them, inflict unnecessary harrassment and emotional stress to those that seem a threat to them. The military regime talks about racial unity.......the communal concept of togetherness and yet Fiji is far more racially divided today than it ever was.

The so-called advisors, viz-a-viz, John Samy, these are rejects from their adopted countries and yet they are being rewarded with exuberant amount(s) of money by these rogue military regime who have no idea what they are doing. Lying to the international community does not augur well with this interim government and yet the interim Prime Minister continuously talks with a forked tongue when addressing international issues. The ministers talk about internal securities as if Fiji is going to be invaded.

All around it is clearly seen that the economy is in tatters and the Constitution is just a useless piece of paper. The rule of law is as what the military regime wants it to be.

The above are just some of my views (from a pro-democracy viewpoint). But, do not let that deter you from penning your comments if you share otherwise.

So, let us come together and voice our views/comments, whether they be for or against the military regime and have a very healthy discussion here so that in the end we can factually understand what our role is, what we need to do and how we can come up with ideas to help restore democracy back in our beloved Fiji!

Please feel free to write what you like or dislike about the military regime. Be sincere and honest about your thoughts, without getting personal or spiteful.

Kindly note, this "topic" will expire as soon as we have an election.

Views: 860910

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Dua tale na noda laumoku mate qai beitaki ni tauvi koya na Dengue Fever mai vei ratou na ovisa ni vale ni veivesu.

Sa dodonu me sa matata vei kemuni na noda mai Viti ni sa kena gauna qo me sa kau laivi kina vakadua na Matanitu suguraki qo, me rawa ni lesu mai na gauna Vakalou kei na gauna ni rokova na lawa vei keda.

Turaga ni Namalata Kadavu, o Viliame Tawake. Sega mada ga ni kila na watina ni sa kau i vale ni bula ni oti nona laulaumoku.

@ Suli

Another case for the Hague and the International Criminal Court of Justice!

A worrying development if this is how Justice is going to be metered out in Fiji!

It doesn't augur well for the future and post election.

Isa....

Moce Vili... dua na siga dei na laki sota tale ke... dua na siga i na cadra ke vake na sigalevu nai tukutuku ni ere ka jina ka ma yaco vei iko... 

Me sobu jiko madaga na vakacegu ni Kalou bula ki na vuvale nei Vili... 

Me mu kalougata jiko na vanua vakaturaga ko Namalata kei na kena dra veiwekani... kalouagata na vanua vakaturaga ko Kadavu kei na kena vei delaniyavu... 

Me kalougata jiko madaga nodatu vanua lomani ko Viji kei kira na kena vei turaga bale... me cilava na rarama kei na kaukauwa jina vakalou na nodatu vanua... 

@ Suli daunitutu,

Na moku mate nei naita Vili ena teri ka waca.

Eda sa ciqoma tiko na veibuturaki gogo era cakava tiko o ira na tamata ravarava ka ra vakayagataka na iyaragi mera veivakamatei se veimakamavoataki voli kina. E sega ni rawa nira veivorati yadudua baleta ni ra lamu tu vakasigalevu. Era dau vakatokai ena yaca lolovira qo na ' thugs' se 'cowards'.

Sa sega ni noda bula na tamata ni Kalou na veivakalolomataki me sa vakalolovirataki kina na nodra bula na wekada vaka-Karisito.

Ena noda vuravura sa yacova tu qo na rarama, eda sa rokova ka solia na dodonu vei ira mada ga era basuka na lawa ka vaka talega kina vei ira na POW ena gauna ni valu.

Sa tu nodra dodonu eda sa kila kece na vuravura, vakavo ga vei ira eso e Viti ka se sega ni yacova sara yani na ivakatagedegede ni bula rarama eda sa yacova na vuli kei na lotu.

Era se kovuci tu ga ena gauna butobuto ka sega kina na lotu kei na rokovi ni dodonu ni bula ni tamata yadua. E Viti sa kena iubi tu ga na lotu lasulasu kei na vakilakila.

Ena yaco mai na gauna me saumi kina na dra sa dave vei ira yadudua na yavu tamata gogo, ravarava era veimoku tiko qo. 

Au sa masulaka me laki davo ena vakacegu o Vili Tawake ka sobuti koya na veivakalougatataki ni noda Kalou o Jiova.

Suli...e sega madaga ni dodonu vei iko mo biuta tu na mataqali taba vakaoqo me laurai tu..sega vei iko na veidokai....ka sega talega na loloma ka dina sara niko biuta tu nai taba mei vakaraitaki ni nomu loloma ia e laurai kina niko via vakacacana ga na matanitu oqo...sega!!!...e dodonu ga meda vaqaqai ira na ovisa ni valeniveivesu kara kitaka na veimoku oqo ke ko dina tiko...mera veilewai ka biu sara ki valenivesu....mei sau ninodrai valavala...kua ga niko biuta tu mai nai taba vaka qo...sega nomu i tovo...ra vakawekani tu na tamata ka dina sara nira sa leqa se mate

This election will simply an indicator whether Fiji reject coup or will entertain and embrace it. If the ipm win the election come september it means we encourages more coup in the future and learn nothing. I hope the people of Fiji would see beyond the wooden or silver spoon that have been blindly feeding them for the last 7yrs and reject it by casting their votes on which ever party will run against them.   

isaaaaaaaaaaaa au sa qai loloma dina...sa sega dina na loloma,sa ivei na lotu,sa dina nai volatabu ni yaco na gauna mena batabata kina na noda loloma na tamata tabu yani...RIP Bro sobu tiko na vakacegu veiratou na veitinani...

Qo gona na toso ki liu ka cauraka tiko o VB kei na cakacaka vinaka e cakava tiko na Matanitu sega ni digitaki.

False Prophet ka dina.

Isa sa qai dua na i vakarau vakaloloma.Sa sega beka na loloma vei ira na ovisa ni vale ni veivesu.Sa mai kacivi na nona bula o brother Vili Tawake e na i valavala ni so na tamata e lala tu na nodra qavokavoka,tu vei ira na i vakarau vakamanumanu.Me tarogi sara vei ratou na vakamatei koya se me o cei me na qai raici ratou tiko na veitinani,yavu tamata ulukau,dokadoka.Isa turaga naita ni qai gole toka e na vakacegu.Be at peace with God until the day we shall meet again.

Old and Young at the polls: Professor Narsey continues with his ana...

Dr Narsey

Most political parties are focusing on the importance of the “youth” vote in the 2014 Elections. So what are the facts about the youth defined as those aged 18 to 34?

I give some indicative numbers using my own population projections from the 2007 Census data.

How many voters? Ethnic shares of voters

Table 1 indicates my estimate of the total number of voters in 2014: some 588 thousands (give or take a few thousand).

Table 1 also indicates that while the Fijian share of total population is estimated to be 60% in 2014, their share of voters (aged 18 and over) is a slightly lower 56%.

Conversely, the Indo-Fijian share of Total Population was 34% but of voters was 38%.

This is a reflection of the much higher proportion of the Fijian population who are below the age of 18 because of the historically higher birth rate of Fijians for the last four decades.

The “Youth” vote and the “Elderly” Vote

The political focus on the “youth” vote is justified by the population projections. Table 3 indicates that 41% of the voters are aged between 18 and 34.

What exactly are the political parties offering the youth, especially those who come out of school and do not obtain paid employment?

What about the elderly?

But note also that some 21% of the voters are over the age of 54.

This is very large percentage of voters whose needs from Government are quite different from the main voting group.

What exactly are the political parties offering to improve the welfare of the elderly?

Ethnic perspectives on Youth and Elderly

Table 3 gives an interesting ethnic dimensions of the different age groups.

Of the youth voting group, indigenous Fijians comprised 61% while Indo-Fijians comprised 33%.

On the other hand, Indo-Fijians comprised 43% of the elderly, which is somewhat higher than their share of both the voters and the population.

The next 10 Years: the declining Indo-Fijians.

The Fiji public are now well aware of how fast the Indo-Fijian population share is dropping because of emigration and lower birth rates.

Few are aware of how far the changes have occurred at the lower age levels, for instance, at the Class 1 age group (6 years of age) and will occur over the next ten years.

By 2024, the Indo-Fijian share of voters will have declined to about 30%.

These changes are also taking place but much faster, in school enrolments. Already people are aware that formerly Indo-Fijian dominated secondary schools (like Jay Narayan College in Suva) have become totally dominated by indigenous Fijians.

This trend is far more powerful at the primary school levels. The share of Class 1 enrolment will have declined from the already low 26% in 2014, to a mere 18% in ten years time,ie Fijians will be 75% of all Class 1 enrolment in ten years time.

All formerly Indo-Fijian dominated primary schools will become dominated by indigenous Fijian enrolment, or have to shut down.

One important corollary of the above population projections is that over the next decade or so, Indo-Fijians will be requiring less and less of total public resources made available by Government for education, health, and other public goods.

I have written about this previously in the Fiji Times, that while population growth is seen as a “time bomb” in most developing countries, in Fiji it is the opposite, as far as race relations are concerned (available here).

https://narseyonfiji.wordpress.com/2012/03/28/fijis-population-is-n...

I had also argued with political parties a decade ago, that there was little point in basing poverty alleviation policies on race, as both major ethnic groups were equally poor, and poverty alleviation based on need alone, would fairly give the majority share to indigenous Fijians.

@Mike

Those figures and data are too complicated for Bai's brain. He'll be scratching and rolling trying to know what Dr Narsey is trying tell him.

Give him some more calculus, algebra and arithmetic problem Dr Narsey and see whether he can suck them in or suffocate with more fat and die of hypertension during his illegal term in office.  

SODELPA makes its stand clear

Publish date/time: 14/03/2014 [17:07]

(Na Fijian Affairs scholarship sa nodra ga na Turaga kei ira na ka lelevu e tu wavoki qo. Sa rauta saraga me muri na kena sa qai tiko ena gauna qo baleta na gaunisala eda muria tiko na kaiviti. Sa I ubi walega ga ni ka na lotu. It was really an unfair system.)

The Social Democratic and Liberal Party has made it's stand clear that it will re-instate the itaukei and multi ethnic based scholarship programmes if it forms the next government after the elections.
When Fijivillage questioned SODELPA on why it wants to bring back the race based scholarships, senior party official, Doctor Tupeni Baba said SODELPA will not change this stand.
Doctor Baba said although SODELPA has decided to contest the elections under the 2013 constitution, the party does not accept the new scholarship and student loan schemes brought in as they have not been approved by an elected parliament.

Meanwhile Prime Minister, Commodore Voreqe Bainimarama said the race based scholarship programme is a divided way of looking at building national capacity.
Commodore Bainimarama said as a previous Minister for Education, SODELPA Leader, Ro Teimumu Kepa should understand that more Fijian youth than ever before now have access to tertiary education under the new toppers scholarship and Government loan scheme.   The Prime Minister said to revert to the old system would rob so many students around the country of the opportunity to pursue their dreams with a university education.
Commodore Bainimarama said it would also mean going back to that system that lacked transparency where people accessed scholarships depending many times on who you were or who you knew.
He further said that SODELPA is noticeably silent on Government's policy of free primary and secondary education, subsidized bus fares and free text books.

Story by: Vijay Narayan

Todays top 5
PM must reveal his salary to the people - Chaudhry
PM says he earns less than the Permanent Secretaries
Two players with links to Fiji named in USA 7s team
Two people sentenced for Westpac fire
Imagination Television Fiji

RSS

FORUM

SA LALA DINA NA KORO QO - DID FACEBOOK KILLED MATAVUVALE? 5 Replies

Started by NiteDrox in News Discussions. Last reply by benn rayawa Jun 9.

Veidigidigi e Viti e na yabaki 2018. 31 Replies

Started by viliame nabobo in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Feb 12.

Decision Making-Why Is It So Hard To Decide? 8 Replies

Started by anamaria in World Issues. Last reply by Islandgal Aug 27, 2018.

Who Is This Beast Mentioned In Revelation 13:18? - 666! 252 Replies

Started by UDDY in Spirit and Self. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jul 2, 2018.

Jesus Did Not Rise From The Dead On Sunday 150 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in News Discussions. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

World War III 2 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

Will Iran Succeed in Syria?

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues May 14, 2018.

How Can Fiji Sevens Team Improve its performance against the two Giant South Africa and Enland. 16 Replies

Started by Tomasi Vakameau in Sports. Last reply by Tomasi Vakameau Apr 30, 2018.

© 2019   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service