You are invited to share and pen your ideas, views or opinions that will facilitate/assist our country back to democracy. All positive and/or negative ideas and comments to steer us back to the road of democracy are welcome.

Whichever way one looks at our current situation back home, democracy has been completely raped. The rape of democracy in Fiji is a virtual degradation of the populus of Fiji. Their human rights are being deprived:

1. the right to decide their government;
2. who they want to represent them;
3. their right to free assembly;
4. free protest;
5. free to organise into groups so that they can talk about what is pertinent to their daily lives;
6. protest on issues they do not agree with....with no fear of intimidation from anybody.

With this military regime in place, the concept of freedom per the Constitution is a total myth!

And, we, the people of Fiji need to come together and be vehement about our total disagreement with the military regime. So give us liberty or death! The reality of the issue is that democracy in Fiji has been raped...from top to bottom...left to right....inside and out and vice versa!

Here we have a military regime that talks about freedom to the people and yet the very same military regime randomly arrest people, torture them, inflict unnecessary harrassment and emotional stress to those that seem a threat to them. The military regime talks about racial unity.......the communal concept of togetherness and yet Fiji is far more racially divided today than it ever was.

The so-called advisors, viz-a-viz, John Samy, these are rejects from their adopted countries and yet they are being rewarded with exuberant amount(s) of money by these rogue military regime who have no idea what they are doing. Lying to the international community does not augur well with this interim government and yet the interim Prime Minister continuously talks with a forked tongue when addressing international issues. The ministers talk about internal securities as if Fiji is going to be invaded.

All around it is clearly seen that the economy is in tatters and the Constitution is just a useless piece of paper. The rule of law is as what the military regime wants it to be.

The above are just some of my views (from a pro-democracy viewpoint). But, do not let that deter you from penning your comments if you share otherwise.

So, let us come together and voice our views/comments, whether they be for or against the military regime and have a very healthy discussion here so that in the end we can factually understand what our role is, what we need to do and how we can come up with ideas to help restore democracy back in our beloved Fiji!

Please feel free to write what you like or dislike about the military regime. Be sincere and honest about your thoughts, without getting personal or spiteful.

Kindly note, this "topic" will expire as soon as we have an election.

Views: 861890

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

CONFUSED FIJI COURT!!

FICAC itself is corrupted!!

Court to decide on Nemani's case

May 02, 2012 01:57:47 PMA+ A-||| 0 inShare   Follow @ Twitter

The High Court in Suva will decide whether the Fiji Independent Commission Against Corruption's case against former Fiji National Provident Fund deputy general manager Foana Nemani will continue.

Nemani was absent and unrepresented. She is believed to be residing in New Zealand where she has been receiving medical treatment since last February. In an earlier court sitting, FICAC had informed the court they had received a letter from Fiji Interpol stating that summons sent from Fiji had no legal effect in New Zealand and that attempts to serve the summons on Nemani’s siblings were unsuccessful.

FICAC lawyer Rashmi Aslam has made an application to have the case against Nemani heard despite her absence.

The application was heard before Justice Priyantha Fernando on Monday, and will be heard again tomorrow. Nemani was initially charged with one count each of extortion by a public officer and abuse of office.

By Keresi Nauwakarawa

Read more at: http://www.fijilive.com/news/2012/05/court-to-decide-on-nemanis-cas...
Copyright 2012 © Fijilive.com

"Wherever law ends, tyranny begins" JOHN LOCKE

Confirmation ......(Taukeis) Kaiyum and Company will be taken care of......Neither... guns....nor Fijian soldiers..will defend....him....and .Justice will prevail......soon.

Ni bula..FYI..de so vei keda se noda veikilai era rawa ni vaka i tavi eke...

From: Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat <ebulletin@forumsec.org.fj> To: .......Sent: Thursday, 3 May 2012 1:19 PM Subject: [Working With Us] - Request for Tender : Writing and Production of Pacific Islands Trade and Invest Annual Reports 2011-2013   

Latest post under Working With Us    

03 May 2012

Request for Tender : Writing and Production of Pacific Islands Trade and Invest Annual Reports 2011-2013

The Forum Secretariat is seeking a suitable consultant to produce the Annual Report for Pacific Trade & Invest for the period 2012 – 2014 (i.e. The 2011, 2012 and 2013 Annual Reports) in accordance with the attached Terms of Reference (TOR). The consultant will work with the PT&I team to develop case studies and to analyse and present quantitative data, and will oversee all aspects of the production of the report. The consultant will also oversee the distribution of the report to stakeholders, produce press releases and create media articles from the case studies and other information contained in the report. Customised articles will also be produced for the use of the European Commission in their publications.

2. We are pleased to invite you to consider the attached TOR and submit to us your technical and financial proposals for the audit and review.

3. Your fax and/or email submissions should be clearly marked as follows: “Response: Writing and Production of Pacific Islands Trade And Invest Annual Reports 2011 – 2013” addressed to: The Secretary General Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat Private Mail Bag Suva, Fiji Islands Attention: Director, Economic Governance Fax: (679) 322 0286 Email: glynism@forumsec.org.fj 

by the deadline of 4.30pm on Friday 25th May 2012 (Fiji time and date)

4. Your proposal should include: • a detailed Curriculum Vitae listing all relevant experience; and • a detailed statement of claims in accordance with the TORs and the requirements in paragraph 5 below. Travel expenses, if required, will be funded in line with the Secretariat’s travel policy and will be costed separately. Travel will be at the discretion and agreement of the Project Manager. Printing of the Annual Report will also be costed separately.

5. In assessing your proposal, the Secretariat will evaluate your understanding of the TOR and consultancy requirements, your experience in media and communications, your familiarity with the Pacific private sector, your ability to quickly and easily produce the material required, and your ability to liaise with key stakeholders to develop publication material and to promote the contents of the Annual Report.

6. The consultancy has a fixed rate of FJ$500 per day for up to 60 days per annum. The technical merits of your proposal will be evaluated with a weighting of 100%.

7. A contract will be drafted according to the Forum Secretariat’s conditions for service contracts.

8. The work plan for this tender is tabulated below for ease of reference:

Output
First Draft             (Written content only)
Final Draft Due Date             (PDF of Production)
Final Due Date             (Ready for Production)
Tenders close
25 May 2012
Commence work
11 June 2012
Annual Report 2011
1 July 2012
13 July 2012
3 August 2012
Annual Report 2012
1 April 2013
1 May 2013
15 July 2013
Annual Report 2013
1 April 2014
1 May 2014
15 July 2014

Vinaka Semi, vakaraitaka vinaka sara vei ratou nai lala ratou madila tiko qo. O ira gona na kaidia era qaravi kalou matakau, io era sa vuli vinaka kara sa toso. Ivei naa kaivit ko qarava jiko na Kalou dina......levu ga na were ubiubi. Sa drau mai na cici jiko ni lotu, sa ra jiko ivei na kai Viti?

Vinaka Semi, that is all trye.

Jone MK

Kakua ni tovaka tiko na vusi qase e mai lasutaki keda tiko. Kevaka o sega ni kila, o keimami kilai koya vinaka tiko. O koya e sa veilecayaki tu na uluna ena draki ni bula vakavavalagi vakavarada. Rogaca tiko vakamalua na levu ni lasu e mai cakava tiko. E drovaka tu yani qori na nona dinau ni vuli.

O keda na kaiviti eda a sa rawati keda tu ni bera na coup 2006. Lako tale tu mai e dua na kai loma ni Kiuva qa vavaku me mai veivesu ka veivakasakei wavoki tale. Oya na veiqati ka sa tu vei keda na i taukei mai liu, mai liu ka se bera tiko ni oti rawa. E sega ni dua na yavu ni vakavulewa ena veisautaka rawa. Maumau na vunau lasulasu e mai caka tiko.

O keda eda rawa ni liutaka na noda vanua ka vakalawa-taka talega. Kena i karua e rauti keda meda kilai tu ga ena noda i tovo. Kakua ni kauwaitaka na veika e sega ni noda draki ni bula me vaka e lasutaka tiko na vusi oqori.

Qarauna tiko na vusi qase lasulasu e dau saqamua wavoki tiko mai. 

@Sireli...qarauna, malua sa dramida ko iko na vusi qase  aqo..qo, bera 2006, kemudou sa dinau tiko sitoa kaidia, gauna Ratu Mara, sa dinau tiko sitoa, gauna Baradra sa dinau tiko sitoa ka sa via lako mai kana sara e bale, gauna Rabuka sa via mai davo sara keitou davodavo, gauna Chadhry kortu sa bia maro kecega, ia, gauna Qarase, kaibiti sa bulabula keitou kaidia sa loaloa..oti 2006, kaidia malua sa dro obasis..baleta kaibiti sa bia talega pakaro keitou na sitoa..keitou malua sa dro se korotou  pakaro talega keitou na bhaini...sa lebu rere kitou tautaubata..malua kaibiti sa kana keitou..oilei...oilei...aqo Sireli sa lebulebu matina,batautaubata batina maqe...yare bhagwan...yare bhagwan...

@Jone MK..na levu ga ni ratou via vasasa mai na koli ni IDFM..na totolo ni ratou lai kodrokodro tale e e ruku ni vava na veresitedi...

Jone MK kei Meo o ira na idia e sega vei ira na veiliumuri taki vakai kemudrau, sega talega vei ira na vakilakila calacala me vaka e tiko vei NOMU BIG REAR admiral. Kemuni saraga na mataqali kaiviti va qo ni vakaleqa tiko noda i tosotoso. Saga o Qarase me vakatorocake taki na bula ni taukei ni tukuna ni racist, kemudou!Na lotu e dei vinaka tu, na tamata vakilakila vakai Vore, kei Jone MK koya vakavuna tiko na leqa.

@StRYka aka LOne rAnger  ia, leqa gona ni da veitalanoa tiko kei ira na vunitaka tiko na yacadra kei na matadra

Era guilecava ni.."vakatorocake taki na bula ni taukei" na Matanitu nona na gone turaga na Tui Lau, Ratu Mara..FDB,NBF,FAB,NLC...me yaco sara ni vakalailai taki na maka meda rawata ni bera na curu ki FSM,USP,FIT..soli vaka rawarawa na laiseni n i Taxi, Loan rawarawa...ia, da taura ga ka volitaki vei Fong kei Kumar..da lai baqe sara in Baqe mai khalas..

Mai tokona o Rabuka..ia, da volitaki keda tale..mai tokona o Qasare..da maci solia kece tale vei Suncourt ka panwshop taki na yaya ni teitei..vodo ena basi,lai lade tiko e katubaleka..se moqu na draiva ni taxi...

Qo..Sa da baci mai tagitagi tale tikorogo o la na Dictator qo...o vela

Na mataqali manivusi i taukei vakataki StRYka aka LOne rAnger kei Sireli era gadreva tu ga na pasela roti vavi oti...sega sara ni ra via laki voli valawa se qaqi roti....ka ga me caka me boro e matadra na vakamamaca ni roti..me ra qai vaka tu na mata ni lulu...

Semi K M Meo, e sega ni leqa ni matanitu nei Ratu Mara, Rabuka, Qarase na sinai ni pawn shop, na lade katubaleka ni basi, se moku taxi driver. Qori na nodra leqa yadudua na tamata era kitaka tiko na leqa qori, kua ni wiliki keda kece kina na kaiviti baleta eso era gadreva dina tu na veivuke ni matanitu ena gauna ya. Noqu vuli tu i Viti au sega vakadua ni raica me vakalailai taki sobu neimami entry marks kina tertiary education na gone ni viti, dua ga na ka au raica na kena soli na pepa ni veitarogi vei ira na gone ni idia o ira na qasenivuli kaidia. Kua ni tukuna ni tamata vucesa se dadatuvu vakai iko na kaiviti, taura la na i qaqi ni roti qori biliga cake vei NOMU BIG REAR admiral.

... dua ga na ka au raica na kena soli na pepa ni veitarogi vei ira na gone ni idia o ira na qasenivuli kaidia. 

Interesting and valid point SLR. I have heard about this as well over the years and a few incidents of exam papers being sold to students did hit the headlines. I recall an interview on Fiji TV1 with the then acting Dean of FSM David Bewster (he resigned soon after) and amongst other issues, he condemned the leakage of exam papers for FSM dentistry students. He looked really concerned at the level that certain staff had stooped to. For USP, it will be interesting to see the number and composition of students fronting up before the USP disciplinary committee for allegations of cheating during exams etc.

RSS

FORUM

SA LALA DINA NA KORO QO - DID FACEBOOK KILLED MATAVUVALE? 11 Replies

Started by NiteDrox in News Discussions. Last reply by Tomasi Vakameau Sep 3.

Decision Making-Why Is It So Hard To Decide? 9 Replies

Started by anamaria in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Sep 2.

Veidigidigi e Viti e na yabaki 2018. 31 Replies

Started by viliame nabobo in World Issues. Last reply by Ratu Jonetani Tavadroka Feb 12.

Who Is This Beast Mentioned In Revelation 13:18? - 666! 252 Replies

Started by UDDY in Spirit and Self. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jul 2, 2018.

Jesus Did Not Rise From The Dead On Sunday 150 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in News Discussions. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

World War III 2 Replies

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues. Last reply by Ulaya Racua Saidora Jun 21, 2018.

Will Iran Succeed in Syria?

Started by Ulaya Racua Saidora in World Issues May 14, 2018.

How Can Fiji Sevens Team Improve its performance against the two Giant South Africa and Enland. 16 Replies

Started by Tomasi Vakameau in Sports. Last reply by Tomasi Vakameau Apr 30, 2018.

© 2019   Created by Matavuvale Admins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service